General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.
View Poll Results: Fake tree or real tree?
Real Tree
33.33%
Fake Tree
54.17%
No tree / something else
12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

What kind of Christmas Tree do you own?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut
it's the only way they know how to keep him quiet at work- otherwise he harasses everyone until they feed'em
Keep him quiet at work? You know what happens anytime Uncle Scooter puts on the feedbag!!! His family doesn't call him Uncle Tooter for nothing!

Old 12-06-2011, 01:08 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Well, I just got a fake tree. So much for the real thing. We don't have as much space since my wife has a desk on the first floor so we put a small fake tree up with LED lights that change colors. Not too bad, but I miss the smell of the spruce.

I also come home before midnight now. I've had people crossing dividers and heading straight for me before. I also pulled a drunk guy out of a burning pickup. He had hit a car head on and both car and truck got spun around. I probably missed the accident by no more than 15 seconds. Guy was half hanging out the pickup so me and another guy dragged him away from the truck. He was mumbling something about, "I didn't mean to do it." I ran back to see a guy that looked like a lit duraflame log in the passenger seat. He either must have died on impact or got knocked out cause he never made a sound. I don't stay out that late anymore because of seeing that.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:24 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Got 3 different stands for real trees. 2 are the same, 4 "bolts" at the top to hold the tree. Other one has that and 4 others about 4" below that. Holds the tree a lot better and makes it easier for one person to get it standing straight. Think I used it once before. Decided I'd use it this year. I remember why now. Bottom ones leak. At first, I coated them with permatex. Still leaked a bit, so I got some windshield sealant. Fixed one, another one leaked. Finally got some teflon tape, backed em out a bit and put that on. So far it's held water.

I just get the idea the whole time I was messing with it, Jeff Foxworthy was standing in my living room saying, "You know I'm gonna use this".

Old 12-06-2011, 01:48 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
The last time we went out for for New Years, we were home by 9pm.

I prefer staying home. The people there drink the same stuff I do.

out of the toilet?

Old 12-06-2011, 01:57 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Got 3 different stands for real trees. 2 are the same, 4 "bolts" at the top to hold the tree. Other one has that and 4 others about 4" below that. Holds the tree a lot better and makes it easier for one person to get it standing straight. Think I used it once before. Decided I'd use it this year. I remember why now. Bottom ones leak. At first, I coated them with permatex. Still leaked a bit, so I got some windshield sealant. Fixed one, another one leaked. Finally got some teflon tape, backed em out a bit and put that on. So far it's held water.

I just get the idea the whole time I was messing with it, Jeff Foxworthy was standing in my living room saying, "You know I'm gonna use this".

we buy a new stand & lights every year- I just take off the expensive decorations and burn the tree / stand & lights after new years. I hit ocean state job lot and buy 3 boxes of lights and a stand for $15- it just ain't worth the time take'em all off and wraping them up

Old 12-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

out of the toilet?
It's like a self cleaning punch bowl.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got ours

It's all about the kids

Old 12-06-2011, 07:33 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by Checkmate guy
Got ours

It's all about the kids

AWESOME!!!!

we'll have to start anothr thread of pics of your kids in front of their tree

Old 12-07-2011, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

AWESOME!!!!

It's not as cute when your kids are 18 and 20 now....

Great pic, Checkmate!

Old 12-07-2011, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

or grandkids for us old guys

Quick Reply: What kind of Christmas Tree do you own?