General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

GoPro HD Hero2 Motorsports Edition Camera - Riding Camera Questions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question GoPro HD Hero2 Motorsports Edition Camera - Riding Camera Questions?

So I got this in the mail today.

HD HERO2 Motorsports Edition

Yamaha is running a promotion where you get this free if you buy a 2012 model, my husband bought one.

Anyone have ATV cams? Is it better to mount to your helmet (where on the helmet?) or to your ATV (where on the ATV?)?

Any tips you can give me on this camera if you have it and have used it?

It comes with 5 mounting sticky things, 3 for flat surface and 2 for rounded surface (like a helmet). Then the camera can move around between the different sticky mount things. So it can be mounted in different places. Once you stick the sticky thing though it has to stay there and can not be moved.

There is video, still pictures when you press the button, time lapse pictures, and then 10 pictures in one second photo burst.

Thanks for your tips and tricks on this topic

-Michelle

Old 02-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I've seen quite a few folks mount them to their helmets. You just have to be conscientious of not turning your head alot, or looking down all the time. Seems like you'd get a smoother shot not having the vibrations and jarring impacts from your atv as well.