General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Tire slime

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire slime

Looking for pro's and con's to adding tire slime to your tires .
We have alot of thorn apple trees in the area around home here and was thinking of using the slime to help prevent leaks.
I know some tires are thicker ply then others and might not have issues with thorn punctures.
Not sure what ply ours are yet but will know later today when we pick our new toys up , they have traxxis tires on them .
My main concern is picking up trimmings from brushing the over growth on some of the trails around here

slime them or not ?

Old 03-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Range Rover

I have gotten to The point that I won't run without slime in my tires. I went from having to air up tires every time I started my Atv to having not to any. The slime is amazing. I would definitely put it in before you ever ride.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:02 PM

i googled traxxis tires and all i got werre a bunch of r/c vehicle tires

Old 03-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

I'm a believer in the stuff. I used to have slow leaks that were darn near impossible to find but now their gone. My brother had tire that would leak out in 2-3 days, slime fixed it. And the most impressive was my brother-n-law pick up a piece of steel rod from old R&R track the size of a pencil. The slime oozed out a little bit, we re-aired it and rode the rest of the day before throwing a plug in it. I haven't noticed any ill handling from having it in the tires either.

Old 03-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Trailblazer

I guess I like slime as well. However, I have noticed (at least for me) it lasted about two years and then perhaps dried out or something because they started leaking again.

Old 03-03-2012, 07:40 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by TacticalRedneckofKentucky
i googled traxxis tires and all i got werre a bunch of r/c vehicle tires
..sorry there Maxxis ,I realize that after I picked them up.. knew it was xxis something

I did get 4 bottles today(2 for 1..dealer perk) and will be doing this tomorrow. 1 bottle does 2 tires according to the chart..24oz bottle.

Everybody swears by this stuff so it cant hurt !

Old 03-08-2012, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

USE IT...It works fer sure and can SAVE a day from ruin....or at least a pain anyway of a flat anyway

Trending Topics

Old 06-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Tire slime

I put slime in the stock rear tires of my dvx 400 because they were still good and I noticed it got a really bad shaking in it at 5 gear 1/2 to full throtle. after that i wouldnt put it in any of my atv tires again.. I would stick with tire plug or patch kits.

Old 06-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Trizkit2011
I put slime in the stock rear tires of my dvx 400 because they were still good and I noticed it got a really bad shaking in it at 5 gear 1/2 to full throtle. after that i wouldnt put it in any of my atv tires again.. I would stick with tire plug or patch kits.
I just recently used it in 1 of the rear tires I found flat a day before a trip.
I thought of the "out of balance " it could cause , but it was fine and leak is gone

Old 06-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Trailblazer

I am not a fan of the stuff. I used it twice and it didn't work at all. The 1st time was for a fertilizer cart that tows behind the lawnmower and the 2nd time was the actual lawnmower.

The fertilizer cart lasted about a day before the tire went flat and the lawnmower lasted for about 2 weeks. I finally just put a new tire on the lawnmower.

Quick Reply: Tire slime