General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Coleman quads and UTVs

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 06:04 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The SxS models look like Bennche made them but the ATVs look like something else.

Old 03-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 500 reference in my previous posts was only a comparison of the 550 that Coleman offers vs the Polaris sportsman 500

Old 09-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UTV-FAM
I understand. We did a lot of research before we bought, and hopefully made the right decision. It was quite a bit cheaper than just $500 though. We paid $7995 for ours, and that included the windshield, winch, mags, and top. Compared to the Yamaha Rhino, which was around $11,900 I believe, and that was without the winch, windshield, top or mags.
How do you like the Coleman now that you've had it for about 6 months? Would you recommend it?

Old 03-02-2017, 07:19 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i just saw one of these come up for sale locally with very low miles, 431 miles to be exact on a 2013 700 model for $4899 at a local dealer. Looks basically just like a Rhino 700, even has same displacement of 686cc when I looked it up. Has winch and wheels just like the Rhino SE 2013 Coleman RV Outfitter Stock: 6CB000460T | ATVs and More. I might give it a look at least. I guess im reviving and old thread. I guess we'll never know how they liked it, they never posted back. I normally don't look at stuff like this but for this price and condition, I just might have to check it out.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Depending on the year some were made by Bennech and many were made by Hisun. They are Chinese made not Tiwain. In China the us mfgrs have no influence on how products are made but in Tiwain the US mfgrs are free to direct the QC on their products. Benneche and Hisun both are from China so parts backup can be very questionable, on the other hand Kymco is Tiwain and parts are readily availiable and built to much higher standards, so that is why they make drive trains for most all the big brand names here in the US. Keep in mind that Bass Pro has bought out Cabela's and soon these Chinese machines will be no longer sold by them. Bass Pro has contracts to sell brand name machines and the Coleman series will soon disappear. Also Cabela's does not service or have parts for these machines, they send you to another dealer. If your all about saving money and don't use your machine very hard they may be a decent buy, but if your looking for quality and durability you will do better in the long run to chose another brand even though you may have to spend more.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:36 PM
Moto Psycho

Kymco 450i is right, it's made in China, most likely by Hisun. If they were giving it away for free I'd take it and when it broke down I could dispose of it and buy something else. There's no way I'd ever buy any kind of vehicle made in China. Chinese factories make a wide variety of products and a lot of stores stock their shelves with those things, so buying some Chinese items is hard to avoid. This isn't one of those things. You may not know it but many Chinese factories employ children, prisoners, and slaves. Even if they were motivated to produce high quality goods would you want to support that kind of country?

Old 03-02-2017, 02:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Kymco 450i is right, it's made in China, most likely by Hisun. If they were giving it away for free I'd take it and when it broke down I could dispose of it and buy something else. There's no way I'd ever buy any kind of vehicle made in China. Chinese factories make a wide variety of products and a lot of stores stock their shelves with those things, so buying some Chinese items is hard to avoid. This isn't one of those things. You may not know it but many Chinese factories employ children, prisoners, and slaves. Even if they were motivated to produce high quality goods would you want to support that kind of country?
it looked pretry rough in person. If it were cheaper maybe but not for 5 grand

Old 03-02-2017, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Take a close look at the frames, poor welds, thin material, thin walled pipe. Now go to most any forum and look them up for complaints. They have one of the highest repairs per unit of any side x side. I know I looked hard at them before I bought mine. That said...if your really handy with tools and don't mind working on your equipment and don't use your UTV very hard then they might be worth considering for the price. There are a few folks out there that have had success with them. Just what will your odds be?

Old 03-02-2017, 09:37 PM
Moto Psycho

If it was made during the 15th or 16th work hour of the day it's going to be crap. If it was made early in the day it may be okay. You can roll the dice and take your chances but not me. I think you were smart to pass it it up greg74.