General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Gas Cans

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received that Mad Dog Gear Bag that I posted above. It's actually a nice bag, unfortunately one of the buckles was missing, so I had to return it and order another one. It's also made by Coleman which I did not know until I received it.

It's a soft bag but has stiffeners and a frame to it so although it does have a soft outer shell, it's almost like a hard case. I mounted it on my Atv and put a 5 gallon gas can and a small cooler in it like they show on Cabelas website and it fit perfectly. The center part isn't very big, but I would say it could hold something about the size of a full face helmet (before anyone says anything, I wear my helmet. Only used it for size comparison).

Still want to get the Roto Pax, but for the price of that gear bag, you can't beat it.

Old 06-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Trailblazer

I might of posted the info on that gear bag too early.

I just went onto Cabela's website to get the price and it says discontinued. I found my invoice and it's listed for $43.88. Well now I know why it was so cheap, they discontinued it.

Still listed on Coleman's website in Mossy Oak for $88.99. I ordered the Black, but it doesn't appear to be available.

Old 06-15-2012, 07:08 PM
Trailblazer

I have a kolpin JR pack mounted on the front and it did well at Hm last month...but then it started leaking no matter how tight I put the cap on...I took the spout out and used the washer that was in there to seal it up with just the cap. Works fine now. Rotopax are definitely the way to go, but I needed something quick and could get the Kolpin locally

Old 06-16-2012, 10:02 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I recently took a used Kolpin 4 gal flat pack on a 3 day ride in Moab, Utah, brutal heat, tank was swelling like a ballon, up and down rough rocky trails, did not leak one drop, so thats one vote for Kolpin, got it and the mounting kit for the front rack for 75 bucks, so I'm very happy with it so far. It uses the same rack mounts as RotoPax, so they can interchange. I just used the seal and cap, carried the spout in a plastic back in the rear cargo bag, so maybe thats the key to no leaks?

Old 06-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 95wolv
I just used the seal and cap, carried the spout in a plastic back in the rear cargo bag, so maybe thats the key to no leaks?
Hmmm.... That sounds like a great idea! Don't get hands all covered with gas and it's even less likely to seep any gas. I like it! That's in the, "Why didn't I think of that?", category.