General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Finally Honda did it!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I like Honda. Have a Honda Accord that's been passed down through our family from me and Mrs. Moose using it, to Moose One, my oldest son, and now Lil Moose, my youngest son. I would never deny the reputation for Honda's reliability and integrity. But, I'd like to see them show the same dedication to making it better that they show to their car lines, for instance. If they changed or added features with the same frequency that they do with their cars they'd not only have the reliability but also a top contender as far as features go.

A for instance that I noticed on the top of the line Rincon is that the rear shocks are non-adjustable!!! So, I suppose that the ride would be the same for me at 344 large pounds as the nice little lady rider who barely tops off the scale at 110. Just one small item that can make the riding experience either good or bad.

I want to see as much competition as possible and I know Honda could bring it if they wanted to. So, all in all, I'm glad to see this step. It's one of a few things that have kept me from purchasing a Honda.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Not saying they don't make a good product, but youtube also brought us Justin Bieber.
hahahahahaha im literally laughing out loud at that!

Old 07-18-2013, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

I've never heard anyone actually complain about the rincon suspension. Sure it would be better if it was adjustable but for me at 6'1 185 lbs it works better than any other suspension I've driven including my Can Ams so it doesn't bother me. I've had a lot of people drive it with no complaints. Sometimes you need to stop worrying about what the paper says and let the ride speak for itself. The Rincons suspension is phenomenal

Old 07-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by HondaR24
I've never heard anyone actually complain about the rincon suspension. Sure it would be better if it was adjustable but for me at 6'1 185 lbs it works better than any other suspension I've driven including my Can Ams so it doesn't bother me. I've had a lot of people drive it with no complaints. Sometimes you need to stop worrying about what the paper says and let the ride speak for itself. The Rincons suspension is phenomenal
Riding buddy had one. He's a good sized gent like me. He rode with it almost bottomed out and scraping everything in sight. It would have been nice if he could stiffen up the suspension for his size. He couldn't even get stiffer shocks for it. He got a 2" lift for the rear and it helped some but still would've been better if he could dial it in for himself. You are probably the right size for the Rincon at 185.

All in all, I really don't care what people ride as long as we all have fun at it. Ideally, I'd like Honda's reliability, Can-Am's engine, and Polaris' on-board storage, ride, CVT, 4wd, and uber-strong frame, in a 2 person machine. If Honda builds one I'll consider it for my next quad in a few years.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:31 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

Honda is just behind. There 500 ATV 4x4 both come in last place every time. here is two of many. 4x4 ATVs Comparison Test Report - What's the Best 500 Utility ATV? and Reviews of Motorcycle, ATV, Snowmobile and Watercraft vehicles
When you have the worst rear brakes , roughest ride, least traction,Ground clearance and the lowest HP your just going to lose every time.
Is everyone lying?

The Rincon only makes 39hp that's what the 550s makes, the 680 should be in the 45hp range like the 700 Grizzly or Sportsman 700. Plus it a 3 speed with no low range that's why it has a low 850lb Towing capacity, most 350 4x4s are rated at 1100lbs.
I would bet it would get massacred in a Big Bore shootout,but I can,t find any like the 500 class.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:46 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
Not saying they don't make a good product, but youtube also brought us Justin Bieber.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:28 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

I love watching honda owners defend their product- it's like watching someone trying to convince Julia Child that BisquiK pancake mix is the best in the world!

sure, no one has ever complained about their bisquik pancakes, and bisquick out sells every other instant pancake mix brand... but no top cheff in the world is using bisquik.

we can all agree that 2005 was the year when the first high powered 4x4 big bores hit the scene- and 4x4 atv'ing hasn't been the same since. every other brand has made incredible advancements in the 4x4 big bore market- with polaris & can-am far in front of the pack- suzuki with their fuel injected 700, kawi with their powerplant twin 750 brute- yamaha soon offered the efi with powersteering- but honda....? nothing. While every other manufacturer was keeping pace and upgrading their current 4x4's with locking diffs, overhead cams, disk brakes, perfecting the CVT & engine brakes, perfecting suspensions, chassis & frame upgrades - adding DPS, enhancing electronics and fuel delivery- where was honda the past 8 years? they were building robots, mini-vans and jets.
has honda even upgraded their flagship 4x4 rincon enging with an overhead cam yet?

honda is a great company and makes some nice things, and some legendary dirt-bikes, and no doubt they couldn't engineer and build an industry crushing 4x4 atv in no time- but their head is just not in the 4x4 atv game. 4x4 honda owners need to just own that aspect. 4x4 honda atv owners had to wait almost 9 years for a standard feature like a locking front diff- which has been available for what- 20 years?

Old 08-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TLC
There putting diff lock on there ATV ,at least the foreman for now. Their even advertising the feature like its some kind of new invention. 2014 Honda TRX500 Foreman ATV Review of Specs / 2014 Foreman Release Date / 2014 Foreman Video & More! | Honda of Chattanooga

No kidding , most manufacturers figured that out 12 years ago. LOL
Next will be a rear hydraulic disc brake one year.

There are reasons for there, their, and they're.....

Old 08-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I like Honda. Have a Honda Accord that's been passed down through our family from me and Mrs. Moose using it, to Moose One, my oldest son, and now Lil Moose, my youngest son. I would never deny the reputation for Honda's reliability and integrity. But, I'd like to see them show the same dedication to making it better that they show to their car lines, for instance. If they changed or added features with the same frequency that they do with their cars they'd not only have the reliability but also a top contender as far as features go.

A for instance that I noticed on the top of the line Rincon is that the rear shocks are non-adjustable!!! So, I suppose that the ride would be the same for me at 344 large pounds as the nice little lady rider who barely tops off the scale at 110. Just one small item that can make the riding experience either good or bad.

I want to see as much competition as possible and I know Honda could bring it if they wanted to. So, all in all, I'm glad to see this step. It's one of a few things that have kept me from purchasing a Honda.

The two biggest pieces of chit I ever bought where both Hondas. The first (and biggest POS) was an XL 350. 15,000 miles and I had to replaced the engine 3 times. It leaked fluid from the shocks and I had to carry fuses in my pocket like change.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:20 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

my experience has been the same with honda's- hardcore honda owners rave about reliability but, my trx30fw had tranny & axle issues- and it was in great shap with little use on it. my 400ex would go through head gaskets like it went through oil (and I had a honda dealer do the rebuild the first time!) both my rincons had shifting issues and both had low miles on them. one of them would overheat after 1 hr of trails use... and forget about having a rincon shift properly the first 10 minutes of winter use. I'm talking about their 4x4 line up, not their sport units, or their dirtbikes, which have always been some of the best on the market.

I laugh when people talk about the "real" transmission on a honda
out of the last 17 4x4 atv's I've owned- all with cvt's, the only problem I've ever experienced from one was on my brute 750- and that was electrical.
replacing a worn belt is very simple and quick and can be done trail-side- compared to having a honda tranny serviced-
and please don't tell me about all the farmers out there with15-25k miles on their honda atv's without any service...

there is no evidence honda's are any more reliable than any other atv out there-

the way I see it- honda has no choice, either catch up or die off. with new generations of riders looking at and wanting current features- they will turn to the other manufacturers. Dealers wont put a honda rincon next to a polaris XP or a can-am outlander or any of the other japanese atv's because they look just ridiculous... and their prices are not that good either compared to some other brands that offer 3x more features.

Quick Reply: Finally Honda did it!