General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Solar Battery Charger/Maintainer

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 07:49 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solar Battery Charger/Maintainer

Hi All,

Since moving to my house last April, I now have to store my quad in the shed (previous residence it was stored in the garage because the garage was too small for my truck)

I was thinking about installing a solar panel charger since the shed gets sun 90% of the day.

Unfortunately I'd love to get the deltran battery tender brand as I own two battery tender jrs and love them. But Deltrans solar panel is not weather proof.

Any thoughts/experience?

-Steve

Old 04-17-2014, 08:17 AM
Range Rover

This is a great idea. I have no experience or advice to offer though.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by claycope
This is a great idea. I have no experience or advice to offer though.
My quad is 7 years old on the original battery... I wound up buying a Solarforce 5 watt weatherproof / outdoor panel, which gets decent ratings. Battery Tender's (Deltran) solar panel is NOT 100% weather proof and is NOT recommended to be permanently installed outdoors.

So once I get it and some free time it will be mounted to my shed - pictures and more details will follow at that point

-CS-

Old 11-04-2014, 04:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by CraZySteve
Hi All,

Since moving to my house last April, I now have to store my quad in the shed (previous residence it was stored in the garage because the garage was too small for my truck)

I was thinking about installing a solar panel charger since the shed gets sun 90% of the day.

Unfortunately I'd love to get the deltran battery tender brand as I own two battery tender jrs and love them. But Deltrans solar panel is not weather proof.

Any thoughts/experience?

-Steve
Hello friend have you installed the solar charger? I am facing bit of charging problem so using solar power is ideal option or not?

Old 11-04-2014, 10:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RosarioNoecker
Hello friend have you installed the solar charger? I am facing bit of charging problem so using solar power is ideal option or not?
Hi There,

I have had the Solar panel installed all summer on my Shed. It has worked great and kept my ATV battery fully charged! I only had a chance to ride my quad about 3 times this summer (busy with 2 kids and a busy job) but the quad started right up each time.

In my opinion if you store your machine with no electricity available - then a solar panel is a good option

If you have a charging problem with your quad I would get that fixed first.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by RosarioNoecker
Hello friend have you installed the solar power system? I am facing bit of charging problem so using solar power is ideal option or not?
Thanks for reply.