General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

A couple of old farts

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016 | 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by scootergptx
My Mom turns 81 tomorrow. She's been sled riding more times this year than I've been in the past 30.

You know you're getting old when your Mom is having more fun than you are.
That is awesome! I just hope maybe to be above ground at that age....much less be able to ride any thing

Old 03-01-2016 | 12:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I hope when I finally am able to retire hopefully in my late 60's that I have enough energy to want to still have fun. I've got about 25 years to go, hopefully I'm healthy enough then to still enjoy life.

Old 03-02-2016 | 04:19 PM
Moto Psycho

I'm officially senile now. I checked to make sure my tire had air in it but I forgot to take the chain off when I unlocked it. I took the lock in the house to thaw out and then started plowing. When I was all done I got off and there's the chain dragging from the rear A-arms. I'm glad it didn't tear up the brake line or anything else. At least I didn't notice anything but I really wasn't paying any attention.

Old 03-02-2016 | 05:51 PM
|
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by greg74
I hope when I finally am able to retire hopefully in my late 60's that I have enough energy to want to still have fun. I've got about 25 years to go, hopefully I'm healthy enough then to still enjoy life.

I hear ya! At 65 I am very fortunate to have decent health and thankfull for my blessings. While not rich by any means we are good to go as long as there are no extreme tragedies. I still work but part time on my schedule, but will continue to slow down as time goes on. I like having something to do, but also enjoy not being forced to have to do it. However good health is definitely number one. I am so looking forward to be able to travel around a little bit and do some riding with my new UTV while I can still find my way back home...LOL

Old 03-02-2016 | 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
I'm officially senile now. I checked to make sure my tire had air in it but I forgot to take the chain off when I unlocked it. I took the lock in the house to thaw out and then started plowing. When I was all done I got off and there's the chain dragging from the rear A-arms. I'm glad it didn't tear up the brake line or anything else. At least I didn't notice anything but I really wasn't paying any attention.
OK Jumbo....your butt is officially grounded! Hey, I do similar stupid stuff... We all do. But us older guys admit it... And it doesn't bother us to do so....and that's a good thing....

Old 03-03-2016 | 06:51 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Originally Posted by Fasteratv
OK Jumbo....your butt is officially grounded! Hey, I do similar stupid stuff... We all do. But us older guys admit it... And it doesn't bother us to do so....and that's a good thing....
We'll forget about it by next week any way.

Old 03-03-2016 | 07:56 AM
Pro Rider

^^^^^^^^^.....True!!!

Old 03-03-2016 | 12:49 PM
Moto Psycho

Forget about what?

Old 03-03-2016 | 01:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I get forgetful at work sometimes. I have to carry around a scanner at my job to scan parts in and out whenever I move them. Often whenever I set it down to do something else, I have to think really hard where I put that thing lol. Once it took me about 30 minutes to find it because it put it inside a skid of parts. I actually thought I had lost it that time. Luckily it was a skid that wasn't going anywhere until at least the next day so someone would have found it.

Old 03-03-2016 | 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by jumbofrank
Forget about what?
^^^^^^ Darn....that was a great comeback....I'm getting some awesome laughs here guys....I appreciate it!

Quick Reply: A couple of old farts