General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

A couple of old farts

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016 | 06:58 PM
|
Pro Rider

Just wondering if the rest of you old farts are getting ready for spring...I have been searching some riding area information, got the last atv cleaned up and ready to sell. Have all my parts back from my boat engine rebuild and ready to re-assemble to get ready for fishing season. Hope the weather is good this summer as I have a lot of plans I hope to carry out in my first summer of retirement. Anyone in NW Ohio looking for someone to ride with or go fishing this summer let me know.

Old 03-17-2016 | 08:34 PM
Trailblazer

Off to the Toronto Sportsman Show tomorrow.
If weather allows maybe out on Lake Huron trolling for salmon Sunday.

Old 03-18-2016 | 08:21 AM
|
Pro Rider

Sounds like great fun, but for me might be just a bit nippy for this early in the year. That darn water can keep a nip in the air until things start to warm up a bit.

Old 03-19-2016 | 10:00 AM
Pro Rider

We had a few day's near 80 here in TN.....it lifted my spirits so much that I jogged out to a project and back ( boat in my back yard )....smiling and feeling like a little kid.... Its cold again, but not for long.

Old 03-19-2016 | 12:05 PM
|
Pro Rider

I hear ya there....this spring I decided to pull the head and replace head gasket and do a lite valve job to my boat. Was idling pretty rough last year and compression was down on 2-3 cylinders which meant that a head gasket was blown. It is a 1983 and all original so I can't complain. However my wife did stroll out to the barn one day and found me sitting in the pilots seat and dreaming of better days on the water, as she said...I was waiting for the motor boat sounds to start!! Oh well....what can I say

Old 03-19-2016 | 02:47 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
Sounds like great fun, but for me might be just a bit nippy for this early in the year. That darn water can keep a nip in the air until things start to warm up a bit.
Sure will be far warmer than ice fishing in -20 degs C.(about -4 degs F)
As long as the wind & waves are not up the fishing is a go.

Old 03-19-2016 | 07:25 PM
Trailblazer

We live so far out in the sticks I find it simpler to order a lot of things. Wife's Forester XT was coming due for service. So I ordered everything I thought I would need. When the package came I went out to place the items in my storage cabinet to only find out that I ordered two of everything last time I serviced her Forester! So I wouldn't have to order again! I just told myself I like staying ahead!! A least we are all still here, can I hear an amen!!!

Old 03-20-2016 | 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Kymco 450i
I hear ya there....this spring I decided to pull the head and replace head gasket and do a lite valve job to my boat. Was idling pretty rough last year and compression was down on 2-3 cylinders which meant that a head gasket was blown. It is a 1983 and all original so I can't complain. However my wife did stroll out to the barn one day and found me sitting in the pilots seat and dreaming of better days on the water, as she said...I was waiting for the motor boat sounds to start!! Oh well....what can I say
^^^^^^^ Just means there's some kid left in ya! A good thing.

Old 03-20-2016 | 08:47 PM
Trailblazer

Got out trolling on Lake Huron today.
Actually quite nice out there but no fish hitting.
Marked tons of fish & many appeared to be fairly large.
Water too murky and right at 32 degs no fish were biting.
Name:  IMG_20160320_120414_zpsjn6fkbjo.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  75.7 KB

Old 03-21-2016 | 07:50 PM
|
Pro Rider

Man that is one nice scene!! Can't wait to get mine back on the water, we troll for walleye in Lake Erie, just have one pkg left in the freezer so time to start stocking up......well I also have some perch to tide me over.....

Quick Reply: A couple of old farts