General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Cant Decide: 2016 Yamaha Grizzly or 2016 Suzuki King Quad 750

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 08:20 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant Decide: 2016 Yamaha Grizzly or 2016 Suzuki King Quad 750

I'd like to hear from people that have either one of these or have ridden one or both of them. I know they are very similar in power, size, and weight. I'm kind of leaning towards the Suzuki because it has a little more power and it is a little bit longer than the Yamaha so it should have a little better stability. My brother has a 2016 Grizzly 700 with the power steering and it's nice but I'm thinking the Suzuki is a little better? I would be getting a left over and it would have power steering. The best place I have found for the Suzuki is 8450 out the door. Thanks ahead of time.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:17 AM
Pro Rider

I'd say the Zuki as first choice. Just from the reliability of my Arctic Cats with Suzuki motors. As far as speed, no mater what you get, somebody will be faster. I like to get to my destination in 1 piece and not on a tow strap.

Old 01-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Both are great machines and you will probably be happy with either. I would sit on and test ride each one to see which one feels better. The only thing I might add is to check on replacement and aftermarket parts. In years gone by Suzuki had a reputation for having more expensive replacement parts, much more expensive. Not sure if that still holds true or not.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

I'm thinking the Suzuki. I am gonna put the 2 side by side and check them both out good. I've already ridden the grizzly 700 and it's pretty nice. As far as parts I'm gonna keep it stock other than probably tires and I'm hoping I don't have to replace any parts for quite a few years on it other than your normal things and oil changes. My brother has the grizzly and I really don't wanna get the same thing as him. I will if the grizzly is way better but I'm thinking they are very similar.

Old 01-01-2017, 12:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They're so similar, it comes down to personal preference. Even the buttons to engage 4wd and difflock are basically identical. Power is also very close as well. I would buy the one that "felt" the best. Ergos would decide which one I bought. I assume price is so close that its not a deciding factor either. The new Grizzly has a very plush and comfortable seat, not sure about the new King Quad as I haven't sat on one of those. I have read the King Quad has slightly more power but I think the Grizzly is quicker, it has slightly stronger cvt engagement on low end. That's the biggest difference between the Grizzly and new Kodiak 700, how agressively the cvt engages on low end, given they have the exact same engine.

Old 01-01-2017, 04:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

I havnt checked the price on the grizzly but I'm thinking they are close. I've heard the clutching is different. The king quad is supposed to be a smoother quad where the engine and tranny are smoother than a grizzly. I've read they run in like a higher gear at a lower rpm which I kind of like.

Old 05-02-2017, 11:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

My husband and I have found out that Yamaha parts cost a lot less to replace than Suzuki. Also more parts will interchange on Yamaha.

Old 07-03-2017, 04:50 AM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by puggerton03
I'd like to hear from people that have either one of these or have ridden one or both of them. I know they are very similar in power, size, and weight. I'm kind of leaning towards the Suzuki because it has a little more power and it is a little bit longer than the Yamaha so it should have a little better stability. My brother has a 2016 Grizzly 700 with the power steering and it's nice but I'm thinking the Suzuki is a little better? I would be getting a left over and it would have power steering. The best place I have found for the Suzuki is 8450 out the door. Thanks ahead of time.
I have to with grizzly