General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Dont want to buy the wrong machine ( again )

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 03:10 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A Grizzly may or may not ride better than a Kodiak. I haven't heard any direct comparisons yet. Your Kodiak 700 has 48 HP which isn't a whole lot more than a Sportsman 570 at 44 HP. A Sportsman 850 with 78 HP would be quite a jump in power. I'm sure you would notice the extra 30 HP. I don't know much about the King Quad 750 other than it's a fuel injected 722 cc single. I haven't seen HP numbers for it but it should be slightly better than the Kodiak and Grizzly.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Guys, I appreciate your feedback.

I don't have access to any of these machines so your hands on experience is invaluable.

Please keep it coming.

I went back and look at the Yamaha 2016 Grizzly and Kodiak Promo and they really did bill the Grizzly as a sport model and the Kodiak as a work model. it seems I may be asking too much from it after all.

Its a great machine but I don't think its for me.

Old 12-15-2017, 06:37 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are looking for the comfey trail ride it's hard to beat polaris. That's why I bought mine. As far as reliability....(in my opinion) take care of your machine and ride it the way it was intended. I love trail riding here in the desert and occasionally up in the mountains. I don't abuse my atv and it has been reliable.

Old 12-15-2017, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I also wanted a more comfy ride and easier steering, that is why I went to a side x side, far superior ride, a steering wheel is much easier then handle bars and I don't even need power steering. On my machine you can easily steer with one hand even when in diff lock mode. For the money your looking at spending or did spend you can get into a side x side. On any machine you buy do a test ride....mine was brand new and dealer had an actual test track with whoops, bumps, mud and a hill climb, they sell a lot more machines with that!!

Old 12-16-2017, 09:39 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Try lowering your tire pressure another lb i run my tires at 4 or less. Iv ridden a few polaris and winched a few out and honestly i was never impressed with them. The couple i rode i found the ride harsh and the handeling poor could have been the machine set up. Also found they have way to much plastic on them giving you no good place to push if need be.. I ride a cat and love the ride but if i were to do it again it would be can am all the way. Right now the dealers have some good deals on the older models

Old 12-17-2017, 02:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I went back to the dealer, the best price they can give me on a base model Polaris 850 with the 5 year warranty is over $10,000.

I rode a new king quad 750 around the parking lot a little bit and it felt a lot like my Kodiak 700, kinda small and a bit stiff.

so .....I am gonna keep the Kodiak, spend the $1300 for a set of Stage 3 Elka's and then maybe some radial tires for my Kodiak, that along with the Grizzly clutch weight mod should give it more life and a better ride.

I will add a post about the Elka's and give my opinion on how much they change the ride. I have not seen a really good reviews on any late model ATV after the Elka's were installed. Most simply say " yeah, I like them "