General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 09:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good to hear you have local riding areas, We have one area 3 miles away, not as open as Maumee, but works well when needing to test out our rides before trips, but rather head North, hoping trails will be groomed by the 15th, which is our next planned trip to Clear Lk.
Trail reports so far are pretty washboarded right now, belly jiggle, giggles lol

Old 05-02-2020, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I find those wooped up and washboard trails cause the family jewels to clang out jingle bells all the way, not much fun in my book!!

Old 05-02-2020, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

Chris n Son heading up right now to Higgins Lk trail, then St Helen on his New Sportsman 1000, he bought this week, breaking it in this weekend! Good luck guys!!

Old 05-02-2020, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

New way to enjoy the Great outdoors....From now NOW ! lol

Old 05-02-2020, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

Up in UP today
Facebook Post

Old 05-02-2020, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

Boy thats is an old picture, guess the year of that Chev wagon? Back then they probably atr there lunch without a single car passing them!

Old 05-02-2020, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

You might have missed the point there, I think they were trying to show, where we'll all need to keep our social distances, while were out enjoying good ol mother nature, from now on lol

Old 05-02-2020, 07:09 PM
Pro Rider

Dont use the examples our govt uses or gives us. I see our dear govenors have extended the stay home order until may 29.....however they are opening up the malls, recreation areas, parks, movie theaters, etc....what the heck is the stay home order for?? Tell people to stay home then open up all the attractions to draw folks away from their homes. Better get ready for round 2 of this virus crap, might be even worse!! Guess they are wanting to weed out sick folks from the population...

Old 05-02-2020, 07:56 PM
Pro Rider

I been writing about this same thing all day, to a lot of young, dumb, stupid idiots from the clubs, Their gathering tight together, drinking on trails, Telling me to shut up, mind my own business....don't want to hear it!! ....well just wait, like I told them.... Don't get mad at the Gov, when the virus skyrockets worse than before, then turn around later after hospitals fill back up, then blaming her instead of themselves, for more of our privagles being taken away! Already closing beaches for same thing! Its age group is in their 20's, ignoring the writing on the wall....''blind, n stupid''! Their remarks are....don't worry bout it, its at a 95% recovery rate, yet the gov. doesn't see it or rank it that way, they look at the death/contagious rate, right now at ''One Million today''! I feel like you, why did they open all this up, so fast, without putting out a few stipulations to go along with these freedoms, like at beaches only allowing so many in at a time! Its like you also said, almost like they were hoping it would crowd up to where they would have an excuse to close them down, n the same thing is going to happen, with everything we do out in public places, until a vaccine is introduced to every person, in the world, so it won't recoil back at us in this country....again, from other nations!

The following users liked this post:
Alex G. (05-03-2020)
Old 05-04-2020, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

Accidentally Found some great hill climbs, in and around camp Grayling, while hoping to find a shortcut to CCC Campground on Manistee rv., and trying to avoid going thru downtown Grayling. According to our map looked doable! We took the first exit before Grayling exit on I75, taking a paved rd W to dead end, then turned N on a sand rd. which turned into a sand trail, when viewing our map still looked feasible. We never saw a gate, ended up in the middle of Tank manavors all around us, scared the heck out of us, then tried to exit from one of the military gates and was denied to leave, telling me to exit the way I entered, never asking us any questions lol I was so turned around puzzled where that was, so I kept going around in circles with tanks passing us and with tank firing their big guns off in all directions!! (Reminded me of my military days at Fort Knox Tank training!) I finally found a road exit somewhere on the N side, I believe? and that too was wide open, no security gate, and we got the heck out there! Still till this day can't figure out how easily that was to infiltrate one of our Nat Sec. Military Bases! Hope the Russians aren't reading this lol
Pic showing my way I got there, with circle around hill in 2nd pic.

Anyone could do the same thing I did, and reason I'm commenting now is on one of the clubs a member mentioned his just moving near there, and saw tank tracks while leaving his house ( in the pic. below notice tank tracks), asking if it was safe/ok to ride there lol. No its NOT! Big healthy fines, and possibility of confiscation of vehicle! I'm lucky I got thru without getting in trouble, no matter what my silly excuse was! lol

Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50