General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

There are lots of good trails for SxS machines, use the forrest roads, open to all vehicles. We rode mile after mile of them and barely saw anyone else. Plenty wide, smoother, and many with nice banked turns you could fly thru. Your gps will show the forrest roads. We rode 110 miles of them and just scratched the surface. The forrest roads are not shown as orv routes but legal for all vehicles. Besides the woods are thick where the forrest roads go, lots of animals to see!

Old 08-19-2019, 08:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Great weekend with son, his wife and friend and his buddy from up in the thumb area. Rode from St Helen to Houghton lk, then onto Leota, mi. for gas, and great lunch there at the Trails Inn Pub. Trails were perfect, and after a good rain just before the trip, made for good traction and dust down to 0!

Old 08-19-2019, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice.... so how did the Polaris do?

Old 08-19-2019, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider

This Polaris handled much better than expected! Tons of grunt, and pretty good pep! This might be the one....with this # 20, of different quads! Would prefer a little more punch, when needed at higher speeds, but other than that, its perfect! I like the lighter weight of the quad, compared to King Quad, and quicker response at lower rpm's. Did 40+ all the way to Leota, on terrific trail conditions, after a good rain from the night before! Everyone/strangers like the graphics lol

Old 08-19-2019, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Just did a search for you, the Polaris 570 dry weight is 705 lbs and the KQ dry wt is 725 lbs. The KQ is one inch taller than the 570....I have a feeling your big tires on the KQ made it feel top heavy, otherwise I see no noticible difference between the two. It could easily come down to erganomics, just how it feels to sit in the seat and the reach to the controls. Otherwise the hp/weight ratio is almost the same with the KQ having a small advantage! However you call it, hope this one suits you.

Old 08-19-2019, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

I know It looks that way, buy my friend there at the campground, his buddy had a new King Quad there, and like day n night differences! Looks like a big whale out 0 water, next to the 570, and to me this Polaris handles much the same as the lighter sport quads! I wish now I had taken pic of the 2 together, side by side, but your right about the front tires being over inflated, which very possibly caused the roll over, along with the bad suspension design, and too quick of a response of PS.!

Old 08-22-2019, 06:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default stupid kids lol

Old 08-22-2019, 07:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4-tracker
I know It looks that way, buy my friend there at the campground, his buddy had a new King Quad there, and like day n night differences! Looks like a big whale out 0 water, next to the 570, and to me this Polaris handles much the same as the lighter sport quads! I wish now I had taken pic of the 2 together, side by side, but your right about the front tires being over inflated, which very possibly caused the roll over, along with the bad suspension design, and too quick of a response of PS.!
Well, no matter what, the specs don't lie. And, IMHO, your issues with the KQ where all set up issues(suspension/tire pressure).
But, regardless of that... as long as your happy with the Polaris and you take your time to figure out a good set up and don't just pump 10psi all around is all that matters.
Safe riding!

Old 08-24-2019, 07:52 AM
Pro Rider

Got new bumpers installed, real heavy duty, installed easily, and just over 100 bucks, FREE SHIPPING too, and a pretty good look as well....happy camper! lol Need to get back out there before the cold temps get here....or NOT!! lol Got toy hauler furnace now, keeping things real toasty on cooler nights! And windshield on quad (thanks to buddy Ken), that will definitely come in handy, keeping face n hands warmer!

Old 08-24-2019, 10:46 AM
Pro Rider

All that added extra weight is gonna make this one a top heavy roly poly just like that KQ...lookin to make a trip up again soon myself.. On june 1 my pond had overflowed its banks and I couldnt mow around it, now it is almost 3ft low....mother nature just cant make up her mind!

Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50