General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Shifter problems 2005 Kawasaki 360 Prairie

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 03:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifter problems 2005 Kawasaki 360 Prairie

My shifter has always been difficult. Recently when working on replacing the carburetor on my 360 I noticed that the shifter lever bolt had backed out from the bracket. I slide it back in and tighten. Then the linkage would not allow me to go in reverse. I noticed that the shifter, when in neutral was in the high slot. I followed the shift linkage alignment procedures and I can not shorten the linkage enough to allow the shift lever to rest in the neutral position, (it needs to back down another 1/2 inch) and it will still not go into reverse. I removed the linkage and shorten it both ends to the smallest position possible. It's still too long. Any suggestions? I even took out the shift arm lever bolt and put it the way I found it to see if it would then shift into reverse. No luck.