General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Kawasaki Mule vs Polaris Ranger

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-1999, 11:44 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for some that owns one of these. I'm thinking about buying one of these for the farm and also thought that they would make a good duck hunting rig. Place to haul the decoys and stuff.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Lyndal

Old 08-25-1999, 03:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't own either machine, but from what I have seen there is a major difference between the two, they really don't seem to be in the same 'category.' The Mule, looks to me (i have seen this in person) to be like a sturdy golf cart, not like the ones that'll fall apart if you go over some bumps. Whereas the Polaris, looks to be based on an ATV, with two seats - much more substantial than a sturdy golf cart, though I'd imagine the mule and Ranger weren't designed to compete with each other. So from these two it'ed depend on how tough of terrain you plan to traverse. If it's gonna be lighter duty the Mule would probably be better and easier, but if you need to get into the really nasty stuff and out the Polaris would probably do better.

------------------
-Chris Olson "The Black Hawk" 1990 CT LT250R, 1987 Mojave Green&Mean I'm always 100% right so don't even ask :P

Old 08-26-1999, 02:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The maintainence crew at both colleges I attended used mules. The damn things were everywhere. You couldn't walk down the sidewalk without dodging one. Thats kindof a description of their purpose. Golf course greenskeepers sometime use them too. Lighter than a truck and don't mess up the grass, but they can still haul stuff within reason. Don't know much about the Ranger other than Polaris makes it which would turn me off. It looks more recreational than the mule. If I were using something strictly for duck hunting, sad to say it but it would probably be a stinking MAX 6x6.

------------------
Andy Bassham *(1999 Arctic Cat 500 4x4, 1989 Honda 300)*

Old 10-01-2003, 03:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kawasaki Mule vs Polaris Ranger

I own a mule 2510 and had it since 98. I didn't buy it for a toy. This thing has over 700 hours on it with very few (minor) problems. I have worked the absolute living hell out of it, summer and winter (in Michigan). With the addition of tires and a lift kit, this sucker will climb trees...

The bigger mules are gung ho machines front to back and top to bottom. Deeres and Polaris are wannabes.

Old 12-17-2004, 05:14 PM
DRG
Weekend Warrior
Default Kawasaki Mule vs Polaris Ranger

i have a kawasaki 650 prairie that i love unfortunately i rolled it last year and busted my ribs i recently flipped a polaris 700 putting it on a trailer alsost killed me it might be time for a mule as my hunting partner is 6 and i cant have another accident tell me what you know it will be used on a 500 acre ranch

Old 09-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Polaris Ranger VS Kawasaki Mule

Well we have had Ranger for about 6 years. In that time frame have had to replace starter 4 times, floor broke in first year as well the tailgate was always falling down. Gear shift sticking a lot of time.
We paid $16 500.00 and spent more moeny replacing starters.

We are getting new side by side and it will not be a Ranger.

Looking at both Kawasaki and Kubota for our next one.