General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Kawasaki Rhino?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 10:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

Does anyone know if Kawasaki plans on making a competitor for the Yamaha Rhino?

Old 10-14-2004, 12:09 AM
Range Rover
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

they have the "mule" or whatever if i am correct....and it seems they are happy with it for now..it does what its intended to do pretty well....although it would be sweet to see a more aggressively styled..750 powered..."bigger" 4x4 side by side wouldnt it?

Old 10-14-2004, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

Although at first glance, that's the way it seems. However, the Mule is definitely not a true competitor to the Rhino by any means at all except maybe hauling capabilities. I heard rumors way back in early summer that Kawasaki planned to either renovate their Mules or build a totally new 4x4 side-by-side lineup from scratch that would supposedly "obsolete" the Rhino and Ranger. Guess not.

Old 10-14-2004, 12:33 AM
Range Rover
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

Hey RedGoblin, Cards are looking Good Tonight!

Old 10-14-2004, 01:02 AM
Trailblazer
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

The Rhino is really nice because the wheel base matches those of a regular ATV. Makes it easier to stay in the ATV trail. The Mule is a bit wider. The Rhine bucket seats are nice too. I just think Kawasaki can come up with something to give it some competition.

Old 10-14-2004, 01:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

You have to remember that the mule was never intended as a recreational machine. It was made primarily for work applications and moving people and gear through mild terrain.

Old 10-14-2004, 01:05 PM
Range Rover
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

I don't see how they can avoid building a competitor for the Rhino. I look at the available machines and come to the conclusion that it makes little sense to buy anything other than the Rhino...unless, you need a machine exclusively for work...but even then the Rhino will serve very well as a work machine. The other machines really aren't much fun out on the trails. So...I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that Kawasaki and others are working on a new side-by-side at this very moment.

Moo,
WheelCow

Old 10-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

I know a dealer guy who just prepped a Rhino and was test riding for the first time. He went around a corner too fast and got flipped over. When that happened he stuck his leg out instinctly and got crunched by the Rhino, breaking his leg and the bone was picercing out through the skin. Shorter wheelbase, more top heavy and faster than Mule. Not a good cornering machine.

Old 10-14-2004, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

I looked hard at those side-by-sides before buying my Brute. I had a bad experience with Yamaha and therefor won't buy their products, the Ranger is a Polaris, nuff said? the Mule isn't really an offroad vehicle, I drove one offroad and it was rough, but it did good with 4wd. What I want in a side-by-side is a big engine, 700 or more cc's, more top speed, the fast one only goes about 45MPH, and cool looks, they all have that "sorta quad", "sorta truck" ugly look. give it a bigger engine, make it go 70MPH with rugged good looks and I'll buy it.

Old 10-15-2004, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

Originally posted by: Hayashi
I know a dealer guy who just prepped a Rhino and was test riding for the first time. He went around a corner too fast and got flipped over. When that happened he stuck his leg out instinctly and got crunched by the Rhino, breaking his leg and the bone was picercing out through the skin. Shorter wheelbase, more top heavy and faster than Mule. Not a good cornering machine.
It corners just fine...she just can't compensate for the dumbasses who may be driving her! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] (although we will be setting these things up to do much better for race situations.)

Quick Reply: Kawasaki Rhino?