General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Kawasaki Rhino?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

The motors arent the problem they are governed down to only run 25mph and only go to like 3600 rpm. I work at a dealer i know this.

Old 10-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

But drop the Grizz CDI in the Rhino and its a 50MPH utility

Old 10-20-2004, 07:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

Originally posted by: cc1999
But drop the Grizz CDI in the Rhino and its a 50MPH utility
Drop a BRP cdi in and she might go faster than that (not to mention pushing more mid-range power)....with the added bonus that your speedometer now works <U>to prove it</U>! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

Old 10-20-2004, 10:38 AM
Range Rover
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

Howdy, I have a Rhino that tops out at 51 mph checked with a gps. I have jetted it and added the BlackRhino CDI. I am also running 27" Mudlites. Without the CDI top speed was 41.

Old 10-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

Originally posted by: bad02shee
The motors arent the problem they are governed down to only run 25mph and only go to like 3600 rpm. I work at a dealer i know this.
The motors are governed, but I had removed the governor on my 4x4 mule. The issue isnt the top speed as much as the complete lack of low end power. They just dont have enough umph to drag their heavy chassis around, let alone off road.

Old 10-20-2004, 07:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

From what i'm led to believe, they are governed at 25mph/40kph because if they go any faster they must conform to a whole new set of saftey standards and kawasaki are not willing to do this as it is primarily a work machine. Here in Australia we are even making them go slower on some sites, as most have a limit of 20kph.

Old 10-20-2004, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

Just this last weekend I was witness to a RHino rolling over and the passenger put his leg out and received a compund fracture,...bone sticking out of the skin.........and then a three AM helocopter ride to the hospital.....

One of the problems I saw was the passenger and driver, could not shift their weight around enough to allow the machine to get thru the trail safely. On a quad, you can lean way over, even off the machine, to compensate for a rut, or off camber section of rode..... Therefore when they got to the difficult trail sections, they pretty much had to turn around.....cause they couldn't get the machine up safely....bummer!

Another problem is that there is no restraint to keep the occupants inside the vehicle, and they naturally want to step out of it when they biff.... maybe if they had a net or something to keep the occupants in, that might solve some injury potential....

Another problem is that on bumpy trails or trails with a lot of rocks or whatever, the thing pitches around so much, the occupants kept banging thier heads on the roll bar....I didn't like that, at all.

But for hauling propane bottles downrange, and transporting the cooler full of stuff around, or carrying the rifles, yeah, they are a little better at that, than my P700!

BUt a serious trail machine, not!

Old 10-21-2004, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

[quote]
Originally posted by: BUDXXX
Just this last weekend I was witness to a RHino rolling over and the passenger put his leg out and received a compund fracture,...bone sticking out of the skin.........and then a three AM helocopter ride to the hospital.....One of the problems I saw was the passenger and driver, could not shift their weight around enough to allow the machine to get thru the trail safely. On a quad, you can lean way over, even off the machine, to compensate for a rut, or off camber section of rode..... Therefore when they got to the difficult trail sections, they pretty much had to turn around

If these guys are "turning around" because they can't compensate for a rut (we've found that the slightly larger wheel base is actually a benefit...for those who can actually DRIVE (lol)) or off-camber situation (see previous comment)...did they forget their kahunas at the house?

"....Another problem is that there is no restraint to keep the occupants inside the vehicle, and they naturally want to step out of it when they biff.... maybe if they had a net or something to keep the occupants in, that might solve some injury potential...."

Problem already solved by aftermarket vendors (if you don't have any more to spend than the cost of this machine...my suggestion is to not buy one. I have several thousand more into mine and am not even close to getting it the way we want it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

"....Another problem is that on bumpy trails or trails with a lot of rocks or whatever, the thing pitches around so much, the occupants kept banging thier heads on the roll bar..."

I'm sorry, but I have never worried about hitting my head on anything (I wear a "helmet" if I do) and the only time anybody ever hit the rollbar was flying over a jump with an unbuckled passenger (as alluded to before, we wear helmetsin this part and he darn well buckled that belt in the blink of an eye).

"....yeah, they are a little better at that (hauling cargo), than my P700!BUt <U>a serious trail machine, not!"</U>

(lol)....well, I set you straight on all the other points....I'll just give you this one and keep having the time of our lives.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I wouldn't go back to quads if you traded me the hottest model out there and 5 grand to accessorize it. These things will go most anywhere you point them with MORE THAN ADEQUATE performance and COMFORT. Throw in your wife or buddy beside you?....the experience just can't be matched by trying to push a handlebar around; while constantly being hunched over and tense as a devil doing it.

Just my opinion.

Old 10-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

Blackballed- Glad to see you've got it all figured out! And I can see how "pushing the handlebars around" might be too difficult for some people. Tell me, do you carry your golf clubs in there too...?

Old 10-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

Originally posted by: BUDXXX
Another problem is that there is no restraint to keep the occupants inside the vehicle, and they naturally want to step out of it when they biff.... maybe if they had a net or something to keep the occupants in, that might solve some injury potential....
My mule had seatbelts...

Quick Reply: Kawasaki Rhino?