General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Kawasaki Rhino?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

Aaron,

I'm in total agreement with above and have never owned a Ranger, myself. Had the Fuji 500 (non-HO) engine in my Sportsman and frankly?.....felt that it was not only dead-on reliable...but moved even that overweight machine around just as fast and as well as any quad really needed to be (sure, I revved her out a few times in low on some steep inclines....but how much faster did I really need to be going in that situation anyways?).

Give me the same kind of comfort level in this IRS Ranger that I feel in a Rhino and maybe a little more styling on the outside....I'm buying "American" all day long. Yet Polaris's situation/strategy in a down economy (in the middle of a war) is somewhat understandable. Keep regurgitating the Sportsman and Ranger to keep your developmental costs low and your economies of scale high; not to mention making certain there is the kind of year-to-year uniformity <u>demanded</u> in any machines provided to the military. It's not like either of these models are 'dogs' by any means and they have finally gotten the parts for both these machines down to a decent price on 'pure volume alone' over the years (every manufacturer's dream).

You go down into farm country here in Southwest Michigan?....these folks are rding just about nothing but and loving it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-28-2004, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kawasaki Rhino?

Is the Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 similar in wheel width to the Rhino? It looks like the same size. But not as powerful: 400cc