General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

SideXSide suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SideXSide suggestions

Well just to note I'm really thinking about getting one but seeing how they are new to me I was wondering for those who have them, how do you like them verses a tradional ATV? I'm not wanting to get into this one is better than that one topic, I like the Ranger, Rhino and the Prowler. I like to hunt, trailride, get into the mud and climb. I'm not 100% I want one or a bigger ATV but it would be nice to take a buddy or the dog or lady out once in awhile : )

I leaning to Rhino, but I'm a cat fan anyone have any idea when the prowler comes out in camo.

Old 08-11-2005, 01:09 AM
Pro Rider

Going to pick our new Prowler up tomorrow. Can't wait.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: donal
Going to pick our new Prowler up tomorrow. Can't wait.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Be sure to give us a full report!

Old 08-11-2005, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

Yes please do I get to see one in 2 weeks, so it's a toss up a Rhino or Prowler, I know the rhino is tried and true, but the Prowler could be the one for me, but I'll wait for camo if anyone knows when or if please let me know.

Old 08-13-2005, 02:47 AM
Pro Rider

if you will be using it for hunting alot then well the ranger is alot bigger heavier and clumsier. i drove the rhino and the ranger and the rhino is a sexy lil side by side to drive handles alot like a regular atv. if i was gonna do alot of work i would get the ranger but for regular use the rhino or prowler.

Old 08-14-2005, 04:37 AM
Trailblazer

well I test drove the prowler and rhino today and they both are nice the rhino was a 05 can't see a 06 until october at my dealer so I thought I would share my findings:

Features are equal except: Prowler had Digital dash, stiffer Rollbar, Rims
power responce:rhino was smoother
Shifter:rhino (prowlers was too loose could be adjusted maybe, it felt like it would slip out of high)
Power:equal
truck box: Prowler because it was biger and more like my truck's tailgate
storage: Prowler underhood
turning:rhino
seats: rhino slightly better
hitch: Prowler

overall I like them both only thing I saw was listed above not enough to discourge either one except price and that was about the same around 9K +- 250, that and the prowler might not be in camo until 07.

Guess I'll wait to see the 06 rhino, and test drive them again to see if any adjustments could be made to the prowler, that and the ATV worlds fair will be back in Oct again. I'm sure someone that has one could list more pro/cons but this is what I just saw.

Old 08-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most changes in the 06 Rhino are minimal IE: Maxis tires added, extra bed latch (right side), stamped steel bed. No motor, trans or running gear changes were made. There is a new SE edition that has blue plastics, polished wheels, silver (upper) cage, front bumper trim and springs, special logo and graphics, standard LCD gauge, special (grey) seats, and a sport steering wheel.

Rude Dog

Old 08-14-2005, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Cattywompus
well I test drove the prowler and rhino today and they both are nice the rhino was a 05 can't see a 06 until october at my dealer so I thought I would share my findings:

Features are equal except: Prowler had Digital dash, stiffer Rollbar, Rims
power responce:rhino was smoother
Shifter:rhino (prowlers was too loose could be adjusted maybe, it felt like it would slip out of high)
Power:equal
truck box: Prowler because it was biger and more like my truck's tailgate
storage: Prowler underhood
turning:rhino
seats: rhino slightly better
hitch: Prowler

overall I like them both only thing I saw was listed above not enough to discourge either one except price and that was about the same around 9K +- 250, that and the prowler might not be in camo until 07.

Guess I'll wait to see the 06 rhino, and test drive them again to see if any adjustments could be made to the prowler, that and the ATV worlds fair will be back in Oct again. I'm sure someone that has one could list more pro/cons but this is what I just saw.
The shifter must be a fluke. We spent some time on a Prowler this weekend and did not have any shifter issues.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The power is smoother on the Rhino but I like snortier feel to the Prowler better. I wish Yamaha would of stepped up to the EFI 700 in the Rhino for 06.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-14-2005, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Our local A/C dealer is selling the Prowlers for $8,800. What are Rhino's going for???

Old 08-14-2005, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

Almost forgot to add that we took some pretty good hits when pushing the prowler hard this weekend and I will have so say that having 3 more inches of suspension travel over the rhino was nice.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: SideXSide suggestions