General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

SideXSide suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 12:12 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SideXSide suggestions

Here is a video of my Rhino this weekend. I can't imagine a better side x side. Click the photo first to see the rims and tires that I added right before the trip.

BTW, adding a black rhino CDI for about $200 will make your top end about 52 mph and accel very fast.

You will see at the end, the only way we could get it stuck was to sink it in silt mud. We even broke a 3000 lb tow rope getting it out. That is the only way... you will see.

Click here first (photo)

Click here to watch the movie.

Old 08-16-2005, 10:07 AM
Trailblazer

Cool movie, glad to see it likes the soup. How does it handle slopes up or down around here we have alot of hills? Plus what do you do to wash it, pressure washer? Any thing special afterwards do you have grease stuff?

Old 08-16-2005, 01:08 PM
Trailblazer

Slopes were amazing, it can climb anything.

When you are climbing around it feels like it is stuck to the ground. Honestly it feels like gravity will flip you over long before the wheels will ever slip. It never bogs down because of power.

Here is a great example:

I have tried to climb this one mountain for a while. I wrecked my Raptor on it and a 426 dirt bike. My friends Chevy Z71 couldn't make it up. Because of this my friends named it "Joe Mountain” I finally made it to the top like it was nothing this last week. It was so easy for the Rhino that on the way down I stopped and climbed it again in reverse!

I chicken out long before it even thinks about having a problem.

I will see today if I can compile some video of it climbing.

I just use a regular hose. Yea I spend some time greasing everything, but that is part of the fun for me. I love spending time working on it after.

Old 09-11-2005, 07:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

Both are nice machines and I went through a similiar process recently - I picked up the AC Prowler 10 days ago. The dealer suggested that he can have a camo conversion done for me - at this point, I'm not going to go that route.

The AC Prowler is an absolute awesome machine...