General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

New 800cc Off Road Go kart

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 01:59 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 800cc Off Road Go kart

Just a test. Call the dealer and ask them you want to order the pinion gear in the differential and see what happens. Hahahahahaha!

Aaron

Old 12-09-2005, 08:38 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

After looking at more pics Ive got to wonder what small car that engine came out of. It looks to have a timing belt and a car like alternator too. I definitely wouldnt be the first one to buy one without test riding it some where that you gould get some air with it and see what happens then. There are a few guys here who have turned their 150 carts into decent performing carts, so anything is possible. I just wonder how likely it is.

Old 12-09-2005, 12:35 PM
TPR
The Champ

The motor is a 3 cylinder knock off of a Geo Metro engine. I saw one sitting out at Test Hill at Gordons Well. I have a friend that has ordered one so we should know by new years. Since he's a gear head, he's going to do some mods to it. If it get's broke, he and his buddies will build a better part. I've heard a small turbo may be worked into the mix after evaluating the product.

TPR

Old 12-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: ThePhantomRider
The motor is a 3 cylinder knock off of a Geo Metro engine. I saw one sitting out at Test Hill at Gordons Well. I have a friend that has ordered one so we should know by new years. Since he's a gear head, he's going to do some mods to it. If it get's broke, he and his buddies will build a better part. I've heard a small turbo may be worked into the mix after evaluating the product.

TPR
That will be a great, if you can keep us posted, about his experience with this buggy. Because sure will be not superior quality, but don't forget we are talking about two seat off road go cart with price tag less then higher end quads. We need to give them little slack, I think. Don't forget almost all kid size quads are made in china or taiwan and some of then are sold here under brand names and their quality grow impressively . Will be interesting how this buggies will developed . But only way to find out will be from owners not from sellers, who don;t even know how many cylinder engines are in it.
rnuts

Old 12-09-2005, 01:10 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: ThePhantomRider

TPR
Thanks TPR!!

Old 12-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

I know I have seen these on ebay from motous for $3700. That's a good price. Not sure if it's a good vehicle.

Old 12-11-2005, 06:08 PM
Trailblazer

Man I tell ya, I bought a Honda knock-off generator that was made in China once for $300.
Never again...
Never, ever again...

Old 12-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here is some more pictures of this machine, plus a video. I don't know about you but this thing looks like a lot of fun, can't wait to hear reviews.

New Pictures plus Video

Old 12-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Old 12-16-2005, 02:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

junglegeorge,

I guess it's my fault for not clarifying to this board what my intentions are. I am interested in a off road vehicle that is fun, dependable and not very expensive. Something I can go out with my family and have some fun in the desert or the dunes without having a k1000 Snap On Box in tow. Most of my life I've been involved in some type of HP boats and/or race cars. I'm not looking for the latest chrome moly frame or latest cat with titanium carillo rods, bow tie angle heads with an aluminum big block powered by some type of whipple or pro charger. I don't want to have to worry about carrying 20 sets of jets or having to drain the carb because alcohol eats the bowls. Also I really don't want to join the Jones club and fork out $42000 for the new diesel crew cab, $48000 for the bad a** toy hauler and finally $65000 for the rail all so I can fit in at the Dunes, been there done that let me off that train.

Now I could care less if this Go Kart falls of the face of the planet it just looked rather interesting, I also see a Joyner that has 650cc motor kind of interesting. Frankly, I wish Honda would come out with something like this, I would buy it in a heartbeat, but they're not going to because it will only be a matter of time before some jacka** puts his twelve year old son in the thing who drives it on the 405 feeway in LA gets smashed by an eighteen wheeler and sues Honda for not disclosing that it is dangerous for a twelve year old to drive on the 405 freeway in Los Angeles in a Go Kart. Also, I'm not really a fan of the Rhino to me it looks like a golf cart, just my opinion.

So.....No I am not marketing this thing, but maybe you can come up with an alternative. Something that is small enough to fit on the desert trails but tough enough for the sand.
S

Quick Reply: New 800cc Off Road Go kart