General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Rhino Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 12:01 PM
rc3
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rhino Upgrades

I just read the post on the rhinos in the dunes, and I have been thinking about one of these for a while now. I was curious if any of you have done any of the upgrades, exhaust, jet kits, clutch kits, and if you thought they were worth the money. I would mosty be using mine for sand dunes, woods, and snow!

Old 06-03-2006, 12:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Upgrades

Get an aftermarket CDI and a HAUCK clutch kit from HAUCK that includes his primary sheave!

Also Mountain Performance is building a supercharger kit that is awsome. it will almost double the power!

Old 06-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Upgrades

Almost every thing I've done to my Rhino is to make it last longer except the CDI, K&N Filter & prefilter and HID lights. I did go with a bigger jet after the K&N filter but probably went too big as I'm running a little rich now. I figure better rich then lean though. The Rhino is a great machine out of the box and you will be pleased with the performance. I know more is better but it's quite a capable machine on it's own. I've also put a CVT filter and prefilter along with CV guards just to keep it running as long as possible. If you let the air down to 5 or 6 lbs in the front and 6 or 7 in the rear it will perform well in the sand without spending lots of money. If you are going to spend much time in the sand I would get the CVT filter and prefilter to make your belt last longer.

Old 06-14-2006, 02:21 PM
RIS
Trailblazer
Default Rhino Upgrades

The list goes on and on and on..........

Old 06-19-2006, 09:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Upgrades

Where did you get the HID Lights for your Rhino?

Old 06-25-2006, 12:05 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rhino Upgrades

Sorry for not responding quicker. I got the HID lights from hunterworks.com Todd takes good care of his customers and offers fast shipping. I put mine on the front rack instead of the bumper or on the roll bar. On the roll bar it casts too much light across the hood and feels like I forgot and left the dome light on in my truck. On the bumper it has not very much protection from water or even while trailering it. Todd has the 1 inch mounts in stock to mount in on the front rack and I can open the hood without doing anything.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Rhino Upgrades

Originally posted by: ridurall
Sorry for not responding quicker. I got the HID lights from hunterworks.com Todd takes good care of his customers and offers fast shipping. I put mine on the front rack instead of the bumper or on the roll bar. On the roll bar it casts too much light across the hood and feels like I forgot and left the dome light on in my truck. On the bumper it has not very much protection from water or even while trailering it. Todd has the 1 inch mounts in stock to mount in on the front rack and I can open the hood without doing anything.
Yes Todd is a really nice guy to work with. I purchased the overhead speaker system for my Rhino and that thing sounds great!!

Old 07-29-2006, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rhino Upgrades

We were a bit disappointed with the power from our Rhino, as it seemed pretty slow compared to other toys in the garage. An aftermarket exhaust made more noise than it did power, so I switched back to the stock exhaust and went into the motor for more power. For less money than the aftermarket exhaust I got considerably more power, by installing a Wiseco 11:1 piston and a Hot Cams Mudbuster torque cam. Being as I did the work when the Rhino had only a hundred miles on it there was no cylinder honing needed. Everything bolted right up, with still perfect tolerances. If you can change a cam you can change a piston on the Rhino just as easily, and it makes about three times the seat of the pants improvement that an exhaust change does (without the noise). An aftermarket CDI makes an additional miniscule improvement.