General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Motor mount question on new ranger 700?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 02:31 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor mount question on new ranger 700?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Hi all, New member as of today but long time reader of this fourm . Thanks for all I have learned over the years. I am a long time atv rider and have owned alot of different brands of atv's over the years. But for the last six or seven years have road polaris. Have had very good luck with my sportman 500 HO , and bought my wife a new 330 in Nov. of 05. She just loved her new bike. However Lately we thought we would like a side by side so we could ride together. So last friday I picked up a new Ranger 700 XP LE Blk. Flame. Haven't got to ride much at all yet do to the weather. Well I'll get to the point, wanted to know if any of you have had or heard of proublems with the belts burning up? I have read alittle on here about that. Also any of you that owned one for sometime would like to hear how you have got along with it. Oh and one more thing how well will it traverse hillsides. I have one hill where I deer hunt no proublem for the sportsman, but don't know about this rig. I would like to know how you guys have done on hillsides. Well thank you in advance for your input.

Old 02-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

best ranger resource on the net

yes, they have a motor mount problem from the factory. be prepared, and have an extra belt with you.

also, take it down to the stealer, and have them look at the motor mount to make sure it is ok.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

i was coming home last fall from my buddies and the guy that left 15 min before me was stranded on the side of the road with a blowen belt on a ranger so i pulled him home. and one of my buddies has one and he has blowen a couple belts this past summer both were the 700's