General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

HOMO GK01-4S ?? Anybody

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOMO GK01-4S ?? Anybody

Hi Guys and Gals,

Been lurking and learning for a couple of days now.

I am looking to get into a Buggy Style 2 seater type kart and have been scouring the internet in search of a good deal.

I have a local dealer for the Twister Hammerhead line of karts but they are a bit pricy for my budget right now. The ones my local dealer has start at about $2800 for the 150cc nicely equipped. I may still go this route since they have a good finance program. Of course we have the standard offerrings from Fleet Farm, Sears (Manco), Wal-Mart and such but these don't look to be half the kart of the Twister. Though they are half the price too.

There is a guy on eBay selling these (see link below). This is a link to his business site. They are the same as the karts he is selling on eBay. The price is pretty much the same on eBay as from his direct site.

http://www.westcoast-products.com/sc...karts/GK01-4S/

From what I have been been able to figure out the manufacturer of these karts is a China company by the name of HOMO?

He has 110cc, 150cc and 250cc models.

The 110 cc is model number GK110YEL-4S snd the 150cc is GK01-4S.

Does anyone have any additional information on the buggies or any experience with them? The price is right but then you get what you pay for in most cases.

For that matter, what would you recommend for a first Kart? I am about 6' and 230 lbs and do have a bit of a thirst for performance. This would be my first cart and I am looking for a 2 seater. Plus i have to convince my better half that we need one of these toys so Price is a big factor(When isn't it?).

Thanks for any advice or information you can give me.

RiffRaff

Old 04-05-2007, 01:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hmmm.

I have emailed these guys with a couple of questions on the karts and they are not very helpful at all. Very brief answers and they just flat out do not answer most of my questions. If this is their level of support on the pre-sale I would hate to find out what it is like after they have my money. Unless I hear some good nes about these karts I think I will look to another reseller.

I seem to remember another dealer selling these at about $150 higher than these guys.

Oh well... Research is good.

Really thinking about the 07 model 2 speed hammerhead. A bit more pricey but with a local dealer it may be worth it.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer

Hammerhead has a good rep, the hi-low is the way to go.

Joyner through thunder powersports also has a good reputation it also has hi-low ---buy it from GLade ( you can find him on buggynews.com) he has a great rep as a dealer.

Carter has a good rep, no hi low, but their new 250 with ceramic coated engine is cool but pricey.

Blade powersports has a good rep, Stu the owner is well liked and very helpful.

You would probably be happy with any of the above buggies. All quality machines with good support, lots of modifucations available to make it perform to your liking. See who will give you the best price for what they offer.

The less expensive offerings from pep boys and Sams club ( the 150 reaction???) actually have a good following, but you do get what you pay for.

Good luck with your purchase.

Chris

Chris

Old 04-05-2007, 07:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks layman. Good information.

I really want the new Twister with 2 speed but am having trouble justifying the price fro my first buggy. If the family likes it I am sure we will need to pick up another one at some point.

Anyone have any feedback on these:

A.C.E. Sports Go-Kart ? Maxxam 150cc

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...6632_200326632

My local Northen Tool stocks these so no shipping. Price seems about right. No 2 speed though. Supposedly a carter engine and they service the carts locally (Well, its a 50 mile drive for me as I live in the sticks).

I have done some searching but really haven't found much from actual owners of one of these karts.

Thanks for all the help!

RiffRaff