Land, Trail and Environmental Issues Discuss political and social events effecting where we ride. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum and Sub-Forums stays in these forums.

What do you guys think about Dirt Bikes? Cuz they sure don't like us.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 06:36 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys think about Dirt Bikes? Cuz they sure don't like us.

I got a dirtbike in september, and since then i've been spending alot of time on Thumpertalk.com and other dirtbike forums. I found out pretty fast that they sure don't like us (quads). Things have gotten alittle better on thumpertalk, but when i first joined about a year ago any mention of quads got u called a homo. here is a most recent example.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=332564

Old 01-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Pro Rider

LOL, they sound like a bunch of girls with a bad case of ***** envy!
Now having said that, those d0rks that tore up the Golf Course need their ***'s kicked!
And they should have to pay for the damage they did......

Old 01-29-2006, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

Dirt bikes are fine, I ride with several of them regularly.

Most of the guys in that thread were being pretty fair and bashing the idiots who tore up the golf course. The ones that were making anti-ATV statements are idiots becuase they are hurting themselves too. To the general public we're all the same and to have divisions amongst us is stupid.

Old 01-30-2006, 01:25 PM
Range Rover

this is crap,,, you had 4 people or so , who have no idea how to ride ,its obvious,because they caught them all,but as far as those marks, i have made those same marks w/a golf cart in genessee valley LOL ,,,,never in my wildest dreams did i ever think someone would be that stupid --i looked at the pics and judging by the marks they were still learning how to do donuts---and the quads looked like a couple of yfz and a blaster ,, they will probably not get there quads back- but hell they dont deserve them-and alot of damage there claiming is in the sand traps --and as far as dirtbike vs a quads, raced dirtbikes in fla and have always loved quads way more -its all fun but quads are a little more forgiving --------to each his own( as long as mine is faster)

Old 02-05-2006, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny. I own a 2 wheeler now and I don't like you either. Nawww just kidding [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You can't generalize about stuff like dirt bikes vs. quads. If it were true, just because I own one now, I'd have to not like atv's. Once I get my new quad, I'd have to hate myself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I posted this topic a while back:

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...ighlight_key=y

I am in the process of selling off my utilities and replacing them with dirt bikes for mountain riding on single track, so I have run into the same thing. Still keeping the sport quads for the desert though! Most of the groups we ride in are a mix of dirt bikes and quads, and everybody gets along just fine...........

Old 02-05-2006, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

Where I ride (Northern WI, U.P. of MI) quads far, far outnumber dirt bikes. Dirt bikers are real quiet up here. They seem to have figured out that when your're that heavily outnumbered it's best to keep your mouth shut...

Old 02-09-2006, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

i have both a dirtbike and a quad and well i use each one for it's own purpose the atv for farm work and playing in the mud and just cruising around and the dirtbike to play around on the racetrack and ripping up the gravel pits. and i go into dirtrider.com/forums a lil bit and yeah they do hate us but i think it is cause alot of them is dare i say it younger kids that aren't mature and alot of people who ride atv's ride utilities to serve a purpose and are old. ok i didn't say that lol but i think it is all about age and i shouldn't say that cause i have asked before on here to keep an open mind to age and not discriminate but i think that is just the case here.

Old 02-09-2006, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Wolvydude
Where I ride (Northern WI, U.P. of MI) quads far, far outnumber dirt bikes. Dirt bikers are real quiet up here. They seem to have figured out that when your're that heavily outnumbered it's best to keep your mouth shut...
Spoke with a western U.P. speed shop owner last fall who pretty much said the same thing. Thank god for the no b.s. attitude these people exhibit up there and their hard work on the type of true multi-use trail systems that these city boy downstate cycle "trolls" detest.

Old 02-11-2006, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

ok i belong to a dirtrider.com/forum and well i posted on there why do dirtbike riders hate atv's? and alot of their answers were dumb like it takes more talent to ride a dirtbike then an atv and all atv riders are hillbilly's who drink beer and spin cookies everywhere. and well i guess i told them that we need to all ban together i just can't believe that is what alot of them had to say is cause it doen't take any talent to ride an atv and we are all a bunch of drunken hillbilly's. even though i have a dirtbike i will always be an atv guy. i will let you know if they have anything intelligent to say in that thread.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think about Dirt Bikes? Cuz they sure don't like us.