General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Which one to better? Rhino, Ranger, Prowler?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which one to better? Rhino, Ranger, Prowler?

The Rhino is a great utility vehicle. You can modify most the utes for anything,racing,hunting,are just plain jane fun!! I like the Rhino because they seem to have the best trade-resale value..you can't give away a Polaris around here.

Old 07-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only thing that i dont like about the new Polaris Ranger RZR 800 EFI is that the back box is so small! you cant put much gear in it. But i do like the motor! tons of power when you need it.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:50 PM
Range Rover

I have the prowler and bought it b/c it is sportier, faster and has more travel than the rhino. yamaha makes a great machine, but did not look cool enough for me. I love the way the prowler looks. no problems with mine. runs great!

tough decision. drive each and then decide.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

after test riding the ranger, rhino and prowler, i pick the prowler. the only thing i like about the ranger was the rear wheels could be unlock and have one drive wheel, didn't like the bench seat nor the grar shift lever coming out of the dash, the rhino was to small and besides i didn't want to be like everyone else, the prowler was fast with good ground clearance, bucket seats, and looks good, mine a 07, if i had to buy another sxs i'd buy another prowler, the 08 are even better, with bigger engine, tilt wheel and more ground clearance

Old 07-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

i like the rhino because of all the upgrades they make for them. much cheaper to upgrade also.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:26 AM
Pro Rider

The Rhino definitely has the edge when it comes to aftermarket support. Just the variety of suspension upgrades is mind boggling. There are a half dozen manufacturers of stock replacement shocks if you want to keep the stock a-arms and stock width. For mudders there are 2" lifts, 4" lifts, and 6" lifts. And for more or less stock height, but with greater width and suspension travel, you can buy long travel shocks and a-arms that come in +3" length, +4" length, +5" length, several different +6" length kits, +6.5" length, and +7" length. Suspension travel varies from the stock 7" with stock replacement shocks, all the way up to 17" of suspension travel with the +7 a-arms. Take you pick on shocks ... Elka, Fox, Ohlins, Bilstein, King, Walker Evans Racing, ... you name it. Motor mods also run the gammut from simple air intake and exhaust upgrades, to a 686cc, 727cc, 760cc, and 800cc big bore stroker motors with dual carbs. You can also buy a bolt on supercharger, or a turbocharger if you prefer. You can change to a dry clutch with more tuning capability, or you can go with numerous different clutch kits for the stock clutch. And you can buy a bolt on power steering set up with hydraulic ram assist steering. Or you can buy a much stronger aftermarket rack and pinion steering box if you manage to break the stock one. Then you can get into the unbelievable number of other products like race cages, four seat cages, doors, bumpers, tops, aftermarket plastic from at least three different companies, and the list goes on, and on, and on. The aftermarket industry for Rhino's has gone nuts.

Old 07-13-2007, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

Daranello: Polaris Ranger RZR 800 EFI

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DesertViper
Tell us about it Daranello. I'd like to hear about it.
DV</end quote></div>

I'm not going to speak for him...but I've had the Rhino since it first came out and wouldn't go back up to a 7" higher CG at this point in time. The Rhino is, by good measure, 'stiffer built' than the Rzr, no doubt.
Yet it when comes to the all-important pure fun factor?
Daranello hasn't gotten back with this thread most likely because he's been to busy having just that...and I do believe that I can speak for him on that issue.

Strap yourself into one for a test ride and get creative with the storage (part of the fun in owning these things)...you're going to notice quite a difference. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-13-2007, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

Kawasaki has a new entry as well. TERYX 750!
Kinda looks like the Yamaha (actually, REALLY looks like the Yamaha).
It's wider than the Rhino, but not quite as wide as the Prowler.
750 V-Twin..should be a sweet machine

TERYX 750

Old 08-02-2007, 07:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by billl2099:

ARCTIC CAT PROWLER MADE IN AMERICA AND PROUD OF IT

just say no to chinese junk

I second all the above!!!!

QUOTE FOR TODAY:

Extremists should be shot

Old 08-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

its made in usa and yamaha is from japan, not china. and i do say no to chinese junk.