General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

best utv

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best utv

im looking for a utv i really like kobota but they are not fast so best for long ides good gas milage and a nice cab heat ac and sliding windows
whats the best money is no object

Old 10-30-2012, 09:16 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

My friend has a Kobota ,it like 2000lbs and a diesel and very expensive,might as well buy a Jeep then after the ride you just drive it home instead of loading it up on a trailer because its not going in the back of a pick up truck.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Diesel is going to give you best gas mileage. Kubota and Polaris both have diesels available but they are slower than the gas models. Polaris, Can-Am, Yamaha, Kawasaki, and Honda all have UTVs. Polaris generally has highest towing and toting capacities in the Ranger line. I believe their engines run 400, 500, 800, and 900 ccs now. Can-Am has more fun factor in a good UTV with the Commander. Very quick with 800 and 1000 cc engines available. Kawasaki Teryx is more sport oriented but still a decent rig. Yamaha has the Rhino and the Mule. Mule is very work oriented while the Rhino is more on the sporty side.

Arctic Cat has the Prowler but I don't know much about them. Polaris also has a Ranger with 6 wheel drive that can fit 3 smallish adults or 2 very comfortably.

Old 10-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Looking at Polaris or yamaha whats the best cab I can get for them ac heat and sliding windows so I can shoot out of it

Old 10-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

I don't want to go tractor speed

Old 10-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Either one will go pretty good. I'm pretty sure both the Rhino and Ranger with the bigger engines get up around 50 or so. There are tons of aftermarket cab systems available and they both make good OEM units. I know I've seen a lot of UTV stuff in Cabelas.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cowboyslover22
Looking at Polaris or yamaha whats the best cab I can get for them ac heat and sliding windows so I can shoot out of it

anyway-

heres a nice looking cab
http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225...siPqTwdCRA.jpg

UTV Cab Enclosure for 2009 2010 2011 2012 Polaris Ranger XP HD Top Cover Black | eBay

Old 10-31-2012, 10:26 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

The Kabotas are is a completely different class, They have 3 cylinder motor,glass windshields,weigh almost 1000 lbs more then say a 700 Rhino,have hydraulic dumps and steering.

There ment to do heavy duty farm work not go trail riding.They weigh in at 2500lbs!

Old 10-31-2012, 05:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

It wouldn't be hard ridding like field and gravel roads I like the kabotas just not fast I would like going 35 40

Old 05-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Well the first sign of a rookie is that they always start their conversation or question with which is best, or mine is better because.... Not to hammer you, but give you a little advice. First of all, do your research. Don't decide on what you want because it looks cool, or your buddies all own one etc. You need to really sit and think about what you want out of a machine. If you want something sporty versus using it to get work done that is two way different directions. Want a cab and associated weight, then don't expect it to go as fast or handle like a sport machine. EVERYTHING is important in selecting. Chances are, you will need to settle on a compromise. Then there is the factor of speed. Who says that is the most important thing? Some of us who have been doing this for a lot longer will tell you a couple things... 1) speed means nothing. I cannot remember when I EVER had my machine at max speed in the past 20 years. If I ever do, chances are I am going to get hurt, and laying in a hospital bed is no fun. I know, I learned the hard way. 2) the best machine is the one that takes you out on the trail and comes back without having to fix anything, or you have troubles with. That did everything you wanted it to do, that you were able to get outdoors and just enjoy it without being in competition with every yahoo who thinks he has to prove he is better than Mario Andretti, If that is your motivation, stick to playing your x-box and leave us REAL trail riders alone to enjoy ourselves without having to deal with another blood stain on the side of a tree out on the trail somewhere. So sayeth the Dragginbutt.