General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

The ROXOR is Revealed- And It's Not What You Think

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 11:46 PM
Quad Patrol
Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts
Default The ROXOR is Revealed- And It's Not What You Think

We'll be the first to admit it, all this talk of Mahindra's new ROXOR 4x4 had us expecting another high performance 1000cc side-by-side or work-ready UTV.

What it actually is reminds us a lot of.. well a ****** Jeep:

https://atvconnection.com/articles/m...-not-expected/

Old 03-06-2018, 06:34 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I can see some lawsuits on the horizon.

For the base price, you could get a used (real) Jeep, and have a whole lot more than 62hp.

Old 03-06-2018, 07:53 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Plus this thing isn't street legal if it's the same one I read about elsewhere a day or so back. India had a right some years ago on the jeep design and made a bunch of them for military and police use. Wonder if these are the same thing without all the bells and whistles,etc to make them street legal.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:06 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Was talking with a guy here at work that owns one of their tractors. Said quality wise, it's probably a lot better than any of the Chineses stuff.

Probably could make just as much money if they sold them without motors.

Remember what people used to do with the old Suzuki Samurais?

Old 03-06-2018, 11:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And its the same size as a an older Jeep. I just don't see the advantage to buying one of these over a used Jeep. You can get a pretty nice used Jeep for around 6K. Even if you get the 4 cylinder, it still has a lot more power than this thing. And you can drive it anywhere, this thing only looks street legal. That might be enough to fool local police though, especially if you slap some plates on it. Keep it off highways and you probably could get away with it. As slow as it probably is, you wouldn't want to drive it on the highway anyway.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I don't really get these either. I suppose I'd like to see this side by side with a Jeep and maybe there'd be an "ah ha" moment, but as is, I can't really see any difference in utility.

Old 07-21-2018, 10:21 AM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeep has strayed so far from its roots with the newer JK and JL Wranglers that someone else has moved in and built the original Jeep all over again, or at least reasonably close.. The new Jeeps have grown so big that they don't fit down a lot of the old Jeep roads, and they are so expensive these days (MSRP of $50k to $60K is no stretch for the Rubicon versions). This is the same size as the original CJ, and has about the same horsepower and creature comforts as 1950's Jeeps did. But this one has a 2.5L turbo diesel engine in it, which is far better than the old flat head 4 with its carburetor. How many people here owned a 1950's CJ? I did, a 1956 CJ-5, and this looks like it would be a better version of that. I can see it being used for a utility vehicle on a Ranch in Texas, or similar use, and working very well for that.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a comparison with an early Jeep. The Jeep did everything better, especially off road. Roxor has poor suspension articulation. Jeep is road legal, big plus. If you really want a diesel Jeep, you could probably do a conversion on a Jeep. Plenty of folks have, also Jeep Liberty were available with a strong running 4 cal diesel. If you could find a wrecked diesel Liberty, convert a Wrangler.