Help With Forum Software! A Place to get Help with the Forum.

blowing fuses on 150 twister

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:50 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default blowing fuses on 150 twister

Hey guys new 2 the site but looks 2 have some great knowlodge on here. I have a 2005 hammerhead(um150IIR) bought it new about 6 months after I got it I had the pipe,air filter,carb jetting done when I picked it up I test drove it around the shop shut it off and as I went 2 load it on trailer it wounld not start tech said it blew a fuse replaced it and I was on may way (he said it was most likely cause from the mods done did not make sence but I went with it)
Fast forward to 2009 no problems with kart for 4 years noticed had 2 charge kart after every ride (ride weekend park during week) figured had 2 be the battery replaced battery still had problem and noticed when putting cables back on battery with the key off had spark when cables touched battery figured had a short but could not find it got pi** said it was to cold 2 ride/work on parked it. Well here is the nice weather son is ready to ride and it keeps blowing the fuse(s). What I have found is
(1) Key off have battery voltage going 2 bystarter assy(choke ?)
(2) Kart will run once fuse is blown dose not blow right away takes a little time
(3) at night headlights will go dim bright dim etc.. for awhile then fuse pops.
Is all this possiblee cause by the rectifier or somethings eles. O yea I have ohm out the grounds they seem 2 be good ? any help would be great my 9 year old the driving me crazy and does not understand why dad can't fix this tried 2 find trouble shooting/test chart but no luck and the dealer I bought from is out of business. Thanks ahead of time for the help