Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

pictures of my turbo charged 400ex

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 03:52 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pictures of my turbo charged 400ex

click here to see some updated pictures of my turbo charged 400ex.

www.400exturbo.50megs.com

don't forget to check out the photo gallery, that is where I have the updated pictures.....

Old 05-30-2003, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

Whats up with that flipped pic....?

Definatly....different on the plastic...thats for sure..

Old 05-30-2003, 06:37 PM
RIP Dear Friend

That one 400ex that's kind of orange it should be quarantined because it has the scars virus.

Old 05-30-2003, 10:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

YO WHERE DID YOU BUY THAT TURBO??!!?! Thats sooo sweet. I was just wondering how much it was and what is the website that I can buy it at. I am very interested in getting 1.
Thanks a ton,
Mike

Old 05-31-2003, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

Hope you have about 3g to spend...it's definatly unusual but I don't think it'd be worth it on a 400EX...your compromising engine life by adding a turbo...and you will still be beat by built banshees built 250R's ... quadzillas...and other built quads...for less $...

Old 05-31-2003, 01:55 AM
Trailblazer

That isn't a flipped picture. The turbo spools up the air and goes tru the pipes, to the carb, then the engine. There are pipes on both sides of the bike. One is exhuast, the other is the intake. Why do race cars add turbos and even cars today? Because forced induction increases HP, without major engine damage. You will get allot more reliabilty out of force induction, then doing major engine work.

thanks,

azbigdaddy

Old 05-31-2003, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Turbos are used because they can aid in producing lots of power in a relatively small engine, not because they are safe for an engine. Also most cars, PWC or any other engines that come with a turbo engine have a tranny that could handle it. I don't believe a stock 400ex tranny could take it, especially since it is air-cooled, unless the boost is really low.

BTW that picture is fliped, look at the front brake lever, the footbrake lever and graphic.

Old 05-31-2003, 02:37 AM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: trx250Rob

BTW that picture is fliped, look at the front brake lever, the footbrake lever and graphic.
It has the scars virus!!!! Just look at it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2003, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: AZBIGDADDYThat isn't a flipped picture. The turbo spools up the air and goes tru the pipes, to the carb, then the engine. There are pipes on both sides of the bike. One is exhuast, the other is the intake.
Thanks for the speech...but you need to pay more attention, every 400EX I have seen has the chain on the left side...not on the right like in SOME of your pics..

Originally posted by: AZBIGDADDY
Why do race cars add turbos and even cars today? Because forced induction increases HP, without major engine damage. You will get allot more reliabilty out of force induction, then doing major engine work.
Why do racers add turbos ? Well "racers" rebuild there engines ALOT to keep them in top condition so loosing long term engine life is not a big deal to them..
It's well known that if naturaly asperated engines outlast "boosted" engines....if you take two of the same motors and add a turbo to one of them and not the other...the nonturbo will outlast the boosted one by a conciderable amount...like it or lump it ! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2003, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

Amen to the flipped picture comment. I've never seen a clutch cover on a 400EX where HONDA was spelled ADNOH. All the letters on that bike are backwards. It's not a big deal...we still get the picture, but there is something goofy about seeing the chain on the right side of the swingarm. I'm thinking the color is more of an "orange cream" like that one kind of popcycle.

The turbo is cool, but puts it more in the category of "show bike". That thing is a time bomb just waiting to melt down, but I'm guessing if you've got the money for the turbo, that a rebuild isn't that big of a deal.

Quick Reply: pictures of my turbo charged 400ex