Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

27" Radial Outlaws on Rincon

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 12:08 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 27" Radial Outlaws on Rincon

My first impression when they finally got the last tire on it and I could put it back on my trailer was that I had died and went to heaven. I went from stockers to the 27"'s and I'll be danged if they don't ride smoother than the stockers. My quad went from looking really good in my opinion, to almost looking better than my wif.......whew....I almost said my wife but she may read this. Maybe my truck then. Haven't had a chance to take it up to top speed yet to see how much I lost on the top end. The only downside at this point is that I can't ride wheelies anymore. I can't believe how much more they weigh in comparison to the little stockers. Oh well, i sucked at riding wheelies anyways. I don't get any scrubbing unless I turn the fronts all the way to the side, then they hit the fenders a tad. They are on the stock rims. I did find out that it wasn't a fluke that my local dealer tried to rip me off and made me drive to Mississippi to buy my quad to begin with. I called them to see if they would take my stockers off and put the new laws on. Guess how much??? Maybe I'm just tight with my cash or something, but he told me 120 bucks for 4 tires. Are these cats puffing on blunts all the time or what? First, 220 for a tuneup, then 120 to change out 4 tires???? I took them to a tire shop down the street and he did it for 9 per tire. Let me get back on my subject... These Radial Outlaws are incredible so far. Can't wait til Saturday so I can really give them the stress test. I am amazed that a tire with this size lug rides this smooth. Highlifter has me hooked. I'll holler with my weekend results.

Old 05-29-2003, 08:11 AM
Trailblazer

Wow man those do look nice!!! How bad is the steering as compared to the stockers?, I have a set of 26" Mudlites on C-Series rims coming next week and I'm afraid that steering is gonna be shot. I'm anxious to here your riding report and how much you lost on top end, Anyway nice tires dude they look Badazz!!!

Old 05-29-2003, 10:11 AM
Trailblazer

steering isn't noticeably different on regular riding. haven't hit any mud or technical stuff yet though so I'll repost after some heavy riding this weekend.