Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another brother lost

sorry about you loses

Old 06-14-2003, 04:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

The guy that owned my first atv let his kid ride it and he hit a barb wire fence goin 40mph....it slit his throat but hes ok now...just has a huge scar on his neck.

Old 06-16-2003, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider

Please help me keep this going because i know there are still people out there that are not understanding the possible dangers riding double and no helmet.

Old 06-16-2003, 11:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

It's selfish too only please yourself by not wearing a helmet when you ride.....you get the easy way out when the unthinkable happens.....what about those you leave behind?

Old 06-16-2003, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

Man, I hate to hear that. It makes me hurt for this person and his family, as well as all the others.

Although I wore my helmet almost all the time, there were times when as a kid I didn't wear one while riding a fourwheeler or three wheeler. It could've easily been me...

There was a time I remember as well when certain mean people would string piano wire across known ATV and motorcycle trails with the intent of doing much harm and even killing riders where I used to live. Our preacher at the time fell victim to this. Although it did not kill him, it scarred him pretty bad. Had he not seen it at the last instant and tried to avoid it, it is believed that it could have actually decapitated him.

That should be against the law and such people should be punished to the fullest extent of it.

Old 06-16-2003, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

sorry for your lose, but maybe more people will wear their helmets after riding more of these.

Old 06-16-2003, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider

Whether it is ATV's, motorcycles, or what ever. Out of respect for those who look up to you helmets should always be worn. Take it from me, my wife is a Nurse at a busy New Hampshire hospital and you guys can't even begin to imagine the suffering and loss she sees each and every day due to non-helmet use. In fact just last week she knew of someone that road their ATV straight into a stone wall and died instantly. This individual was not wearing a helmet and was under the influence. IT'S JUST NOT WORTH IT!

I give my condolences to your friend and his family.

Old 06-16-2003, 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

A guy I know spent a lot of time on his Tecate, always wore gear, never got hurt. One day he hopped on a big utility quad without a helmet and went up a little embankment at walking speed. Thing tipped over backwards on him. Crushed his eye socket, now he looks funny and is blind in one eye. He says hell, after all that high speed stuff, getting messed up barely moving, who'd expect it. Always wear.

Old 06-17-2003, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

bump

Old 06-17-2003, 03:43 PM
Range Rover

Sorry for not being politically correct but I live in NJ where we have one LEGAL area in that place there is very few people injured. Every Monday since spring has arrived there has been and atv or dirtbike accident in the paper every monday. All of these places were not to be ridden in and half didn't have helmets on one was drunk and riding at night most were riding double, a group were playing chicken and riding double well the atv rolled and a 17 and 16year old were killed and they had no helmets on. This pass monday a girl was injured riding and hit a ditch at 6am in the morning she was riding on the side of the rode. I saw one big fat pig riding with his fat girlfriend on a Raptor riding wheelies with no helmets on. Now should I feel bad if they get hurt no way in hell they are the type that will ruin this for everybody. They will be the reason I can't go riding with my 6 and 4 year old daughter anymore they are giving our gov. all the amo they need. I am sorry but use your head it is not cool to be dead it is cold. The kids on the street bikes are no better I saw one standing on his seat riding with no hands at 50 m,ph how much stupid can people get. You will not get me to feel sorry for your stupid actions. Sorry but I say it the way I feel. How fast do you think these jackasses hire a lawyer and sue isn't that what happened to ATC's. Think back that time will come again were the stupidy of a few will destroy it for all.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Another brother lost