Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Another brother lost

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another brother lost

Last night my g/f got a call that one of her friends had an atv crash and died. Funny thing was that it is not going to be in vain because they were jacking around and he was riding backwards with his legs hanging off the back. When the atv rolled it landed on his head and put a deep cut into his skull. As you have well figured out by now he was not wearing a helmet. My g/f said knowing the guys they were riding with they were most likely drinking. Alot of warnings they put out about what to do are stupid but some have good reason. We all know that we have been guilty of the same things at least once. We need to get people to open their eyes because crap like this is what gives the government fuel for their fire to try to ban atvs. Thank you for listening.

Old 06-12-2003, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very sorry to hear that. Good wishes for the family.

Old 06-12-2003, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

I also think that people like this need to stop jacking around, exspecially when they are drinking. But i am sorry to hear that they died.
Also just recently someone died while he was desert racing, he was like 1mile off the corse when they found him. There is a thread on this in the atv racing forum.

Old 06-12-2003, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

Alcohol use and not wearing a helmet are the two biggest reasons that ATV's have a bad reputation. Younger riders think that they are invincible and can't get hurt. They're wrong. I know helmets are hot and uncomfortable, but they save lives. A 20 year old kid in our area got killed a few weeks ago in an ATV accident. Yes, they were drinking, and he was showing off for his buddies and some girls probably. No, he didn't have a helmet on, and died from massive head injuries. Such a waste.

Old 06-12-2003, 12:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I am very sorry too hear of the loss. 95% of the time I hear of an atv related death the rider was'nt wearing a helmet.

Old 06-12-2003, 05:52 PM
Trailblazer

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That goes to show that stupid really hurts. How much of an inconvenience is it really to put on a helmet. If you ask me it's a convenience because you don't have the wind blowing in your face and you're not munchin on bugs. A lot of people who don't wear helmets say that they are too uncomfortable or that they are too cool to wear a helmet, like my little bro. I wonder if they would be any more comfortable or cooler if they were lying in a hospital bed with their head split open.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

P.S. Hey Tony, you really need to change your Name. You have a yamaha now!! you need to REPRESENT!!!

Mike

Old 06-13-2003, 02:42 PM
Pro Rider

Thank you to everyone who has responded and everyone that has read this thread. We know now that they were not drinking and they were climbing an embankment. The atv rolled backwards and struck him in the head. He died from a deep lasaration. Just goes to show how easy you can get hurt if you don't take precautions. I am hoping that everyone will read this and begin to understand that there is a reason that they say to wear helmets.

Old 06-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

stupid things happen everyday and not just on Atv's. The guy could have just as easily been riding in the back of a truck. Sorry a life was lost

Old 06-13-2003, 07:40 PM
Pro Rider

One of my uncles was riding an atv in some woods he was unfimiliar with....there was a trail blocked off with chain, it was getting dark and he didnt see the chain.....His wind-pipe was broken and he died instantly.

Old 06-13-2003, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for reminding me how preciouse my time is here...accidents are just around the corner

Quick Reply: Another brother lost