Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Would anybody still buy a 250R

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2003, 01:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Would anybondy still buy a 250R

Im looking at this 250r on ebay 250R. Just curious how much $$$ this quad is worth or if its worth buying at all.

Thanks Fellas...

PS. I just a want a 250R to ride the dunes in imperial valley (Glamis)

Old 06-26-2003, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default Would anybody still buy a 250R

I'll let someone with better knowledge of the mods and the going prices of a race 250r give you an approximation on how much it's worth. I will say I know its worth way more than the $3000 the bid is at right now. This is the king of all race quads and it is a Great racer or trail bike. With these mods I hope you're a racer because that's what this baby is made for. It's got to run on race fuel, also. I wish I had the money to get it. I'd say somebody has a max bid around $5000 or more. I bet if anybody on here is wanting a nice race quad and they haven't seen this one, there might be quite a few more bids put in on it. Maybe someone else can give you a better idea of the value of this quad, I just know the 250r is a great, great quad. Somebody help him out please.

Old 06-26-2003, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

Lets start the bidding War !! that is one sick R I'd jump on it .

Old 06-26-2003, 03:39 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you an experienced rider? If so, on what machines? For how long? What kind of riding and terrain? Budget shouldnt be too much of a problem cause if you cant afford it i wouldnt recommend buying it and not be able to pay for replacement parts/work.

The one you posted looks a tad warmed over. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hell, a stock 250R quad with paddles will go anywhere in Glamis, Gordons Wells and Buttercup. Just make sure you arent buying someone elses headache. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2003, 03:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

HA2,

right now i ride a 400ex with some small mods. My riding ability isn't what concerns me, its exactly what you said about taking someones headaches. What would be a reasonable price for this quad, assuming its in fair condition.

Thanks

Old 06-26-2003, 04:05 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personal opinion, I wouldnt buy this guys quad, but thats for the fact I would rather mod a stock quad to exactly the specs to my liking. I can see this quad going over $4000 easy but what it will end up at, i dont know. The summer is young and people will get rid of their quads throughout the summer at a somewhat decent price(around socal). I would wait for a fairly stock maybe just pipes and silenced R to come around. i have a feeling someone doesnt mod a quad that much to ride it nice and easy. ;-)

Old 06-26-2003, 04:28 PM
Pro Rider

If you're comming from a 4-stroke and looking at an R... You might be surprised at the increased maintainance needed to keep it in top form.
That's not an issue for most.... but some folks have no idea.
I've owned mine since new (1986) and wouldn't trade if for any of the 'new' sport quads... Expect to pay b/w 3K-4K for a good one.
But watch out... there's alot of worn out piles of ???? out there... Ebay scares me, 'cause I can't look at it, ride it, kick the tires, etc...

Just my $.02

Old 06-26-2003, 04:42 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with duneaddict I wouldn't buy something unless I was able to test ride it first. Not a putput around a building or something either, you need to open them up to see what they can do or if they have any funny sounds or bad vibrations. I'm sure this quad has really been put through the ringer on the tracks but it's still well worth the price if you could only test ride it and see.

Old 06-26-2003, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

With all of the new great handling, easy maintence bikes currently coming from the companies, Honda's praised 250R is finally seeing major drops in price. The demand for 250r's for racing has dried up. In my area, there are numerous R's set up for MX and TT for sale. 4 strokes are dominating the 250 classes.

With that said, I will always have a spot for a 2 stroke and would love to own a TRX250R (I have an 85 atc250r). I think I will wait a year or two when the demand for them is totally gone and they are almost given away.

Old 06-26-2003, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think demand for them will ever be TOTALLY gone... You're right, as the newer machines come out with better handling/suspension, the price will come down.

I pd $3,200 for mine back in July of '86... and could still get that for it today (Now that's what I call a good investment) I'll never part with it though, just to be a burr under the saddle of the enviro-****'s! And I refuse to ride a thumper!

Quick Reply: Would anybody still buy a 250R