Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

How to clear water out of Honda Foreman

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2003, 02:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to clear water out of Honda Foreman

Any experienced tips on procedures for clearing out water after you've dipped your bike?? I know you need to flush your engine twice as far as oil change, pull the airbox plug, turn it up on it's rear rack and let it drain, I saw a post about removing the spark plug?? This is one of my questions...do you remove the plug and then turn the engine over, or just remove the plug and tip the bike to one side??? This answer and any other responses on how to cure a water logged bike would be appreciated...thx
Keepin the swamps BOGGED out!!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2003, 02:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

there is a drain plug on you muffler. loosen it and drain the water out . change your oil and and run it. actually run it for a while more than 20 min. change again untill all of the miky oil is gone you can also run alittle Diesel threw it to get all of that water out. take the spark plug out and turn the engine over a few times to spit out all that nasty water. clean you air filter and the air box. and change the oil untill it is a good color. if you are on the trail and this happens and it wont fire. dip the spark plug in the gas tank a light the spark plug on fire that will dry it out plus drying out the air filter will get you back to the truck.

Old 07-08-2003, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider

My buddy drowned his and we stood it up on end and hit the starter a few time till all the water came out. Then we dried the plug and after a minute it fired. We took it home and changed the oil and put some gas dryer in and some b12 and it has ran fine since.

Old 07-08-2003, 06:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks guys...I've only submerged my bike once...and that was when I first got it. Luckily I was riding with some guys who had experienced this before but just in case I am gonna make a laminated copy of my water logged checklist to keep on my bike in case it ever happens again. Although, I havent ridden it yet because I'm in Vegas working a job, it is currently undergoing a complete submarine kit!!! So, I can't wait to get home and put it to the test...home for me is Arlington, Tx but my family and my bike is sittin in Louisiana...thanks for the info and if ya'll are ever interested in some serious muddin in La. or East Texas lemme know and we'll hook up...
tomkat out

Old 07-09-2003, 10:54 AM
Weekend Warrior

my famley and i have submurged and flooded out our 1st 450es over 30 times, we hunt in the swamps of La.(cat island) and that bike is still going strong today. Honda foremans kick A@@. where are you getting a snorkle kit from i am working on getting one but i cant find a kit or a manufacture of one. if you know of one let me know.

willis

Old 07-10-2003, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

The only place making and selling snorkels for the Honda 450 is Triangle. Here is their website:
Click here