Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Warn Multi Mount Intall on Rincon - Done

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 02:01 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warn Multi Mount Intall on Rincon - Done

Whew! Now THAT is a job and a half... I did get it all installed and it works and looks great. Running the wires away from heat and still keeping them long enough (for the front mainly) was the biggest obstical, but I think I got it by a hair.

That controller (where all the wires hook too) was a bugger to mount. The only place I could find to mount it was where the toolkit was. I cut a square out then put it in upside down (so the connections are under the fender, upside down). I can still put the toolkit back since only the bottom mount plate (about 1/2" thick) is showing. I originally was doing it rightside up so the connections were under the seat but it didn't work out with the wires.

The remote mounting was pretty trick how I did it. I mounted the plug inside the storage compartment (it's in front by the bars). That way no drilling the nice plastic. I then put the remote inside the compartment and close it up and done deal... worked pretty cool!

I now realized I forgot one thing.. a handlebar mount toggle. I suppose I'll need to contact warn for that... I only have the remote now which is fine for every day, but when I start plowing I'll need something handy.

The mounts are 1" receiver hitches and the plugs are beefy. I leave the winch mounted to the rear so I won't bung it up if I hit a tree. Also, the wire for the front is hidden nicely up under the grill and the only sign of a front mount is a 1" steel tube sticking out just over the bottom skid.. and it's flush with the plastic. Pretty sweet setup!

I give this a 4 out 5 five knuckle buster job. (you don't want to seem my knuckles...hehe... ouch..)