Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

OPEN INVITATION!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2000, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here it is. I just checked out the post in here on Polaris unreliability. What a crock!

Reliability aside. Here is an open invitation to all riders: Come up to Quebec and have a shoot-out...your quads against my 2 Polaris'. My rides will eat yours up and chew them out! Mud, dirt, rocks, etc...

Let's get it over with once and for all! All riders of all brands invited. I will even pay for the B.B.Q.!!!

Old 05-26-2000, 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

i'll be there for the cook out.

99 426ex REALLY FAST

Old 05-26-2000, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be cool, Xplor, don't take the flame bait!

Some Honda owners accept the fact any and all ATV's may malfunction, posting this point of view on the topic you reference.

Discussing Polaris ATVs on the "Honda ATVs" forum seems, well, a bit like entering the wrong pew in the church, to me. I wonder, who is the target audience? Honda owners? Polaris owners?

While a barbecue in Quebec (or whatever the French equivalent for "barbecue" is) sounds like fun, no record exists of any two (or more) ATVers meeting physically to settle any argument or disagreement raised on the Forum (your gathering could be the first, I guess).

Gordon Banks even put up a thousand dollar (US) challenge once (I think the argument had to do with rock-hopping nimbleness), but his opponent chickened out.

If anyone accepts your invitation to "prove" something about the relative merits of one ATV over another, please share the results!

Tree Farmer

Old 05-26-2000, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

We could all meet somewhere in between so as there will be no excuses! I will still pay for the Barbecue!!

Old 05-26-2000, 09:13 PM
Range Rover

Hey, they are all great machines! They are built for different uses right? I have a 300EX I really like it, I almost traded it for a 500 Scrambler because I rode one and it is a more comfortable machine on a long trail ride. But, for what I use a quad for I really dont need that type of machine so I decided not to pay the extra money. I think next spring I might get a second quad and it might very well be a 500 sportsman. I just have to keep the belt dry right?

Old 05-26-2000, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

I invite one and all to look at the Missouri State Harescramble Series race results page and make your own call. Racing through the woods is where the Polaris's (with their stronger engines, better suspension, switchable 4X4, better turning radii, must I go on?) should shine, or is it?

One has to ask himself, is it the Honda that makes a good rider or that the good riders choose Honda?

All kidding aside, why do you Polaris folks get so miffed about the reliability thing? If it's not true, you can just sit there with a smug little grin on your face and laugh to yourself about how uneducated some of us are.

My personal experience with Polaris wasn't a good one (not to say others experiences may not differ). We have been Honda people for quite some time, but were inticed by the automatic tranny and low price of the Polaris Sport 400L for my mom and sister. (From memory, I'm sure I'm forgetting lots of stuff...) First the transmission went out, then failed again, the rear brakes failed, then it caught on fire, next it would spontaneously die, then the electrical system fried all the lights (that's when I found the rats nest they called a wiring loom), finally it was stolen from our driveway. It was a day of celebration when the insurance check came. At this point we had owned it less than 1, yes 1 year. This was my stepfather's lesson, I can assure you he will never buy a Polaris product again.

Polaris, I'm sure has improved since those days, heck, I am going to give them a chance and get my wife one, but they built that reputation for themselves, now they live with it, be it still true or not.....

Old 05-27-2000, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

I will take anything Polaris has in the 350 class 4 stroke, The Sportsman 335 is a dog & the magnum isn't much better

Rancher Rules the 350 class.

Now Mr. Polaris go take some valium & chill the heck out.

Old 05-27-2000, 10:51 AM
Trailblazer

I would kill anything polaris makes scrambler,sportsman you name it killed it. 99' Banshee paul turner mids k&n filter boost bottle lots of chrome!!!

Old 05-27-2000, 12:16 PM
Range Rover

Some of you Polaris people are so defensive about your atv's. You must be trying to hide something. Maybe the inferior machine you ride. Note: remember I said some Polaris people. If the shoe fits wear it.

Old 05-27-2000, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

Xplor I bet you a 400ex could beat your 2 polaris's If your 2 are 4wd than I bet you a rancher or big bear could kick your 2 polari's butts no offence or anything but they probably could, unless you have major modifications.

Quick Reply: OPEN INVITATION!!!