Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

is honda a follower

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 02:53 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default is honda a follower

i guess none of this was spawned from 3 wheelers......oh thats right, a lot of the rear end geometery and engine is shared between the 250R three wheeler and quad. silly me for thinking that their quad spawned from their own 3 wheeler line, IT CAME FROM SUZUKI. hahaha you're funny, rock rider. for future reference the year of the bike is always released the year before. example - my 86 was first sold in 1985 and the 85 ATC in 1984. toodles!

Old 08-19-2003, 03:04 PM
HA2
Pro Rider

Of course Honda would've stepped to the plate of suzuki's sport quads, but were they following them? or did they see a market they would take advantage of? i dont believe Honda could've came up with the design, testing, marketing proposals, production cost proposals, etc.... in less than a year for the 250R. lets face it, yeah they had their 1985 250R ATC, but it doesnt exactly share the same frame, or radiator, or front suspension/steering/braking. these things take time to develop ecspecially in a mass production market. now companies do push drop dates to get the first blow in the market. good example of this is Chevy's Quadrasteer, EVERYONE in the market has their own design of this pending. GM doesnt claim to be the first to do it, only to be the first to release it. same goes for the yami and so on.

no hard feelings evhwg, i like/love to debate. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2003, 04:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how could they be a follower when they invented the first atv!?

Old 08-19-2003, 04:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HA2,
Not sure where you are coming up with the years? The Quadsport and Racer were into'd early 1985. The 250R was an '86 model. You can quibble over what you think Honda was doing with design but the fact remains that Suzuki had the first models.

Your correct in that the TRX250R was based off the 250R three wheeler. Even the engines were the same although the quads was detuned and had some mods to the tranny.

Ride Honda,
Suzuki was the first company to bring a quad to the market. The '83 LT 125. Honda was only producing 3 wheelers in '83. In '84 they brought out at least the TRX200 utility quad. Honda was the inventor of the ATC. Suzuki was the inventor of the quad. ATV is a generic term for all.

Old 08-19-2003, 05:59 PM
HA2
Pro Rider

you ride rocks or live under one? I SAID 86 models are released in 1985. Watch TV for 10 minutes and you'll notice how many 04 cars are being advertised and it's only 2003. This would mean the 85 Suzuki was released in 1984. Even my pink slip for my 1986 has a section that states when that model was first sold - 1985.

The discussion isn't about who was first, it's about if Honda was following Suzuki. I proved that Honda couldn't have followed them if their first sport quad came out a year after Suzuki's. It leaves no realistic time to develop a quad of any magnitude let alone one the caliber of the imfamous 250R quad.

Reading Comprehenshion is not one of your strong points as many other people have pointed out in other threads.

Old 08-19-2003, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

HA2,
You are starting to **** me off. Did you miss the main idea of the topic? You did or you would not have stated something as stupid as
The discussion isn't about who was first, it's about if Honda was following Suzuki. I proved that Honda couldn't have followed them if their first sport quad came out a year after Suzuki's. It leaves no realistic time to develop a quad of any magnitude let alone one the caliber of the imfamous 250R quad.
Now, if Honda had come out with the quad before anyone else they would have been LEADING. They didn't, that means FOLLOWING! Get it?

Old 08-19-2003, 06:21 PM
HA2
Pro Rider

The topic is of a, "Follower!" NOT IF HONDA'S QUAD FOLLOWED SUZUKI'S BUT IF HONDA ONLY STARTED MAKING QUADS BECAUSE OF SUZUKI.

Follower - One that imitates or copies ANOTHER.

The creator of this thread asked if Honda fell in the category of the above definition. How would Honda be following Suzuki in the Sport Quad market if they were already in the desigining and test stages of their own? Now, if he asked, "Did Honda's first sport quad release date follow the making of Suzuki's first sport quad release date," you would be right. But he didn't, therefore you are wrong. Honda was not the follower in the case of the LT vs the 250R.

Old 08-19-2003, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

yah right! how can they make a quad in just a few months up to today because as i have heard tim farr has already tested the trx450r out already, honda is no follower, there is absolutely no way they could make one in just a few short months.

Old 08-19-2003, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider

Suzuki was the first to come out with a competative bike back in the day with the LT250.. Honda then came out with a 250r to compete with it, and totally stomped the crap out of the LT, then Yamaha came around with the Banshee, Big bad twin cyclinder 350.. Too bad banshee's dont hold much except for going in a straight line.

Old 08-19-2003, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider

HA2,
I'm getting real tired of this. Read the original post again!
seems like honda always waites for other companies to release there bikes and then they introduce theres? then everyone brags how great they are hehehe
Let's recap the conversation.... you said the 250R was the original. Then evhawg said Suzuki started the racing quad market. Then I agreed with evhawg. See, not hard, this post isn't even over a page.

It's very simple. You are arguing that Honda had the designs for the 250R even before the QuadRacer was released. How would you possibly know? Why don't you offer some proof to back up your statements? It is an indusputable fact that the Quadracer and Quad Sport came out before the 250R. The 250R came out AFTER the Quadracer. Let me say this slowly....that...means...that....Honda....FOLLOWED ....Suzuki....into....the.....racing....quad.....m arket.

Please think before you post more nonsensical babble.

Quick Reply: is honda a follower