Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

is honda a follower

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2003, 10:32 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default is honda a follower

seems like honda always waites for other companies to release there bikes and then they introduce theres? then everyone brags how great they are hehehe
<u>well if the other companies waited all the time and then copied what honda did and added other features then they would be top. </u>
but then again we would wait forever because honda is to lazy to introduce a quad first.
u didnt quote the whole post, so let me do it for you.

the implication that Honda is copying everyone elses quads is the reason why they are always on top is noted in the underlined section of this quote made by the original poster. you must be getting upset and tired because you know you're wrong, again.

Honda can not get a quad such as the LT, copy, market, produce, and deliver in less then a year. if Honda copied the LT, then why do they share virtually no similiarities? oh wait, it has 4 wheels. how dumb of me to not see that, suzuki better sue them ASAP.

PS: grow up and admit you're wrong. you just make yourself look like a tool when you cant.

Old 08-19-2003, 10:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL,,, You guys are funny! Anyway,,, the Honda 450 is not following anybody,,,, they have been in the works for some time now and as Hondaracer305 has stated,,, some of the pro riders have had the opertunity to test the new Honda and I happen to know a retired pro rider who rushed out and bought a new Yamaha 450,,,, then he got the reports from his fellow racers and now his Yamaha is for sale! He was told that the Honda beat the Yamaha hands down! It will be very interesting to see how they do in the gnc/gncc races when they get out! Honda may release their products a little late some times but the are not following anybody,,, they are in a league of their own and it will soon be proven again when the let loose the new 450's!

Old 08-20-2003, 01:03 AM
Trailblazer

When it comes to four-wheelers, when has Honda not been a follower??

I can remember the peak of the three-wheeler days when Honda owned the market. They were the innovators, the ones to continue developing their products. The ones everybody else feared.

All that died in 1989. Along with my respect.

Honda sat with it's thumb up it's *** through-out the nineties. Suzuki pissed on us a couple years later and it wasn't until later in the decade that Kawasaki started to pick things up. No, the two companies that held the ATV market afloat were Yamaha and Polaris.

True, Yamaha did nothing in the sport market but put new colors on every year, why would they do anything else? They were selling tens of thousands of units and didn't have any competition to keep up with. So they turned their attention to the utility side and made improvements resulting in some of the highest sales ever. Polaris continually went to the R&D with their machines, making them better every year. Kawasaki also went to the utility market and made some new customers.

What did Honda and Suzuki do? They gave us the same half-dozen models for nearly a decade. Wait! Honda did transform the 250X into the 300EX. Wow. In '97 Honda finally produced a new 4x4 with the Foreman 400, apparently after they saw the sales figures for Yamaha, Polaris and Kawasaki.

The one, and repeat one innovation Honda came out with was the 400EX. It was a new breed. It had a 4 stroke engine in a race worthy chassis. This act started to give me my respect for Honda back. The 400EX lit a fire under other manufactures asses... but Honda just sat there watching the ashes while Yamaha, Suzuki, Polaris, Bombardier, and Cannondale ran with the flame.

Some might argue that Honda's automotive type transmissions are innovative, but they're not from where I sit. To be innovative, you have to do something that will change the sport we love so much that other manufactures will be scrambling to get in on the game. Excluding the 400EX, Honda hasn't done this in a long, long time.

So, yes, Honda is a follower, and no, I don't hate Honda, I've owned enough of them in my life time to know they make some good machines, just machines that everyone else made first.

Old 08-20-2003, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

did you have your thumb up your *** when you wrote that post?lol jk [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] , btw, no honda is not a follower.

Old 08-20-2003, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HA2,
I am responding to your gibberish about the 250R. I never once stated that it was copied from the Quadracer. You put those words and idea towards me. Learn to read and accept the fact that Honda is not a leader in the quad market.

Old 08-20-2003, 03:07 AM
Range Rover

you no i really don't care if they follow the spice girls as long as they keep running like the energizer bunny........aww.....thats it.... finally the truth who honda is following....only excuse for them to run long after the same year counter parts have lost their charge

Old 08-20-2003, 10:46 AM
Range Rover

Everyone follows someone at some point and uses other ideas. Honda sells and they have a good reputation. Honda follows in some aspects but they watch the market to see what is going on for the most part. They saw the market going toward auto so they had to come up with the ES as a quick solution to the belt drive competition. While they stay afloat they brought out the car style auto. Anyone that says it is not innovative has never driven one.

When honda builds something they generally build it right. Their cars, ATV's, motorcycles and small engines all have the same quality. With innovation there is risk and Honda is not known as a risk taker like some of the other companies. The other companies have to be innovators and price leaders because that is the only way they can get a piece of the market.

Everyone complains about the 400EX but the fact is they still sell a lot of them......why?......becasue they are the bench mark to beat! They aren't as fast and frilly but they are well executed and they still do a good job. You can take your raptor with it's big bore and reverse, the suzuki's, the polaris's and they are all compared to the 400EX. Everyone compares their line up to Honda because they are the ones to beat! When you are the top dog you can't afford to screw up so they have to take the time to do things right. The other companies have everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Old 08-20-2003, 10:49 AM
Trailblazer

hondaracer305, wanna smell? j/k [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

As a side note, I really do hope the 450R kicks some butt. That would only add fuel to the fire, which is always a good thing! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

But what I would love to see is Honda having a major racing team. It'd be '86 again and you know all the top pros would be asked to join. Kawasaki is doing a great job of helping racers, but it's not where it could or should be. It wouldn't matter if the 450R was as good as the YFZ or not, put a extremely talented rider onboard and we'll be seeing red at the podium every race.

Old 08-20-2003, 12:09 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: rockrider
HA2,
I am responding to your gibberish about the 250R. I never once stated that it was copied from the Quadracer. You put those words and idea towards me. Learn to read and accept the fact that Honda is not a leader in the quad market.
the topic is if Honda's quad's are copied of other manufacturers earlier released quads. stop switching it around and trying to find ways to make yourself sound right in your own little world.

Reading comprehenshion is not one of your strong points, again and again now.

thank you for playing, but YOU ARE A TOOL.

and never ONCE did i say Honda was a leader in this post.........obviously im not the one with the reading problem. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-20-2003, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HA2,
What is that old saying? Never argue with an idiot because they will drag you down to their level....yeah, I'm refering to you.

Quick Reply: is honda a follower