Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450r vs. YFZ... the real deal

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2003, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450r vs. YFZ... the real deal

I know everyone is speculating which quad is going to be better, but when it comes down to it:

1.)No one races stock anyways and you can make either of these quads as good as you want them to be.
2.)Riding and racing depends way more on rider skill, then on stock power and handling of the quad.
3.)the 450r isnt even out yet!!!

Both quads are gonna win races, both quads are going to beat each other in drag races because no one has a stack quad for more than a couple of months so who really cares which stock quad has slightly more top end or acceleration, because when it comes down to it, the two quads are gonna be so close that what exhaust or jet your running could determine whose faster, and as close as these quads are stock, the faster rider is always going to win.

Old 09-15-2003, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

HOLY SH#$ I can't Believe my Ears.. this kid hit the nail right on the head .. If everyone used thier Noggins the way this guy does everyone would get paid more .. It is about time someone got this right .. good job atkins..

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2003, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks yfzinsanity, i mean seriously, does any REAL racer really care which quad wins a 300 ft. drag race stock?!?!?!, or who has .4 inches more suspension travel? NO!!!, this means nothing, its stock who cares!, an experienced rider on a 300ex could out race you on an mx track on a 450 if hes alot better than you, but will a 300ex beat my yfz on a 300ft drag?When we start seeing drag races in January between the YFZ and the 450r, and a different quad wins every race, we should be saying that riders fast, not, the quads faster because the quad won by 5 feet! -My two cents, Atkins450.

Old 09-15-2003, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider

huh, it's funny how both of you list yamaha's in your sigs.....and this is a Honda forum.........alittle scared maybe?

The "realdeal" hasn't been written yet. Wait until the Honda is released for tests....then we'll know the real deal, Honda is once again, dominating ATV racing.........ever hear of Tim Farr????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2003, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jcv400ex
huh, it's funny how both of you list yamaha's in your sigs.....and this is a Honda forum.........alittle scared maybe?

The "realdeal" hasn't been written yet. Wait until the Honda is released for tests....then we'll know the real deal, Honda is once again, dominating ATV racing.........ever hear of Tim Farr????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]
Tim Farr ? .. never heard of him...lol

Old 09-15-2003, 01:23 PM
cop
Pro Rider

JCV, you just bolstered what insanity said. Honda wants TIM FARR to ride its machines. That is because of his ability and skill not because of the machine. Honda doesn't rule racing, the individual riders rule racing. Those race quads are so removed from a factory machine that they aren't even hondas anymore. All of those race quads don't even use factory frames let alone factory engine cases or parts. The yamaha yfz is so far the only factory machine that can go right to the track with minor mods and be competitive with the fully made race machines that cost 20,000 or more. I am not a yamaha fan at all either!! Lets face it, Yamaha did their homework on the yfz and built a true race machine

Old 09-15-2003, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

exactly cop!, just because honda has Tim Farr, doesnt mean honda is dominating racing, it means Tim Farr is, and Honda knows that their 450r is going to look best with Tim. And when Tim comes out and wins a pro production trophy, all you idiots are gonna say it was because he was on a 450r, which is just what honda wants you to think!!!
This just means Tim is a great rider, and he probably would have won on a YFZ or Z400 for that matter.

Old 09-15-2003, 07:31 PM
KHB
Weekend Warrior

Congrats on the yzf450. Bad *** quad. My buddy just bought one and hollysh*t is it fast. I love how the power hits. It is almost like riding a quad with a 2 stroke. Great suspension great everything. Yam hit the mark with this one.

Old 09-15-2003, 09:37 PM
Trailblazer

You guys must not know your atv history very well! Back in the late 80's the tecate 4 and 87 and newer quad racers were all faster than the R's stock. The 250R has done so well because it was the best overall atv and handled better. I'm not sure if the yfz will be faster than the 450r, but there is more to the quad than just drag racing. Also with the money you save buying the 450r over the yfz you can buy a full exhaust system..... Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

i mean seriously, does any REAL racer really care which quad wins a 300 ft. drag race stock?!?!?!,

i know a guy that does

Quick Reply: 450r vs. YFZ... the real deal