Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

I love the new 450R

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I love the new 450R

How was the z400 a Honda copy. when was the last time you saw a 400ex with liquid cooling and reverse. HHMMMMM Keep trying

Old 09-24-2003, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by: Slacker1bob
How was the z400 a Honda copy. when was the last time you saw a 400ex with liquid cooling and reverse. HHMMMMM Keep trying
I was with you till this one sided silly comment.

If we are going to ignore the obvious (like the flattery of Suzuki updating the 400ex for us lol) borrowing of design from the ex in the mfg of the z who are we fooling but our selves ?

I believe the design simialarities are no accident, and if Zuki produced the Z with an air cooled engine where would the update be.

Old 09-24-2003, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider

so no one can ever bend a frame close to honda's or there copying them?
theres more than just a frame, the suzuki is no copy of honda.
i dont like the new suzuki either so it dosnt bother me but its no copy!
if the yamaha card comes threw your dam right i will buy a new one. but if not im not going to sit here crying i still got my quadracer. i could be on something worse heheh.
but really just because someone on here buys a 450r dosnt mean your going to be king of the dunes or whatever. still have to ride the thing!

Old 09-24-2003, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

I believe the design simialarities are no accident, and if Zuki produced the Z with an air cooled engine where would the update be
440EX026
But suzuk ididnt make it air cooled, therefore not a copy. Damn, everybody is copying someone else in some way. all the plastics have nearly the same design now.
If you want to get to the root of things, The Suzuki lt250r came first then Honda copied it and made the 250r. That comment is equvilent to the comment that the z400 is a copy of the 400ex.
Come on people, step up the intelligence

Old 09-24-2003, 02:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

sorry to inform you but the 450r does not have piggy back shocks, sorry.

Old 09-24-2003, 02:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

what is copied from the LT250R to the TRX250r i have both and see no comparison at all.

Old 09-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have heard thru the grape vien that suzuki is coming out with there own design racer. Also have you noticed that the z400 is a sport, not a racer. THe same as the quad sport and the quad racer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-24-2003, 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

IKNOWMORE
I knew there would be at least one person that wouldnt get that comment. I was being sarcastic. The z400 is no more a copy of the 400ex, than the 250r is of the LT250

Old 09-24-2003, 03:24 PM
Pro Rider

Believe what you like its your opinion and you are entitled to it but there is some very interesting simialaritites between the Z400 and both the 400EX (frame, suspension etc) and the raptor (plasitcs) and this came from someware beyond coincidence etc.

Are they the same quad, absolutely not but did suzuki look to the warrior, grizzly or tecate when starting the desig phase, no thats not apparent anyware either. See where I am going here? If you were a quad mfg and were looking to start production on a performance new machine what would you use to gather information or determine what basic stratagies to use to for your prototype? You would be looking at the competition and also at what works and what sells. This is only common sense and the fact that the 250R and the 400EX (that tried its best to impress its older brother lol) were both big sellers and excelent overall macines with unmatched handling would make them the first two look at or into.

I am not bashing on anyone or anything here but this stuff isnt rocket science or brain surgery and these buys borrow technology and stuff all the time, and it seems to be even worse in the aftermarket. I only wish that one day all the manufacturers put in the R&D and $$$ to not only produce top performance machines that are very different from each other but also really race ready like the top dirt bikes, and yea sure the new 450's may be the closest thing yet from the big overseas companies but still it appears that Canondale was trulely the closest over any of them and they still needed some work to be 100%.

For now I will expect to be purchasing suspension and motor mods for what ever quad eventually replaces my ride but for now untill any of the newer machines proves to be no match etc for it too keep up etc.

BTW no matter what you ride its all good, just keep riding.

Old 09-24-2003, 03:29 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

iknowmore, you don't know more than me!j/k, but look at eh specs and photos, they have piggy back rezzies on all three.

Quick Reply: I love the new 450R