Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

What's with the Rincon's brakes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003 | 10:20 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default What's with the Rincon's brakes?

I had made up my mind that I would buy the Rincon, so I drove one this afternoon. I really liked the bike except for 2 things and one of them is not a real big issue (steering) but the brakes were. The dealer let me ride it for about 10 minutes in a dirt field and the first thing I noticed was that the back brake was very hard to mash and it did not like to stop at all. I had to really sit down on it and it was terrible. The fronts were somwhat better but the levers were hard to pull and the stopping was not very good either. I really like the tranny and the electric shifting. So easy to up or down shift and I thought it had excellent engine braking. May be a different story on a steep hill, but I liked it very much. The other thing I noticed was that I thought it was a little hard to steer. Maybe a different tire would help. Overall I came away liking it real well except for the brakes and steering. With the rear being a disc brake, it should lock up the rear wheels very easily. I also rode the Prairie 700 and felt it was a little heavy in the steering. Loved the power. I then rode a Grizzley and could not really fault it in any way. I thought it steered much easier and made sharper turns than either of the other two. And it stopped when it was supposed to as did the 700. With the front diff locked, I thought it steered much easier than when the P700 was locked, also. I can remember hearing the tranny and belts making noise on the P700 but thinking back on it, I don't remember the Grizz being that noisy. Today's experience has made me sit back and re-evaluate my thinking on the three bikes. Would appreciate any input. Thanks