Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

People are stringing piano wire!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003, 03:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People are stringing piano wire!

man, if someone doesn't like the fact that ur riding ur quad somwhere, put up a fence, call the cops, but stringin up wire to kill people is on the verge of insanity. my friend's uncle was killed by that. he was riding in 4th gear on his own property a few days after a storm. the storm had downed a phone pole that had some steel wire on it. the wire was head level and sliced his head off. this isn't a story i made up, if u want to verify it i could even give u my friend's e-mail address so u can check for urself. piano wire is over the top, try stringing some thick cable by their driveway, u wont be killin them, jus messin up their cars.

Old 11-02-2003, 05:05 AM
Pro Rider

This stuff sounds crazy. I've never heard of this kind of thing before. A little bit of torn up soil and noise is nothing worth cutting someones head off for. I like the idea of putting on camo to stop the bas***ds. I wouldn't even consider burning their mobile home to be an extreme, I would say it needed to be done to get rid of the wackos. When someone is willing to seriously hurt or kill someone over people enjoying themselves, they need to be stopped.

Old 11-02-2003, 11:32 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe environmentalists gone mad?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-02-2003, 12:57 PM
Trailblazer

BSA... couldn't have said it better. If all people, who ride, were as responsible and mature as BSA we wouldn't be having this disscusion (there would be no problem). There wouldn't be any piano wires or nails trying to stop the irresponsible riders. Land owners would welome riders on their property. And it's not just private land owners who will prevent access to property. We've had public land closed to access here in Idaho because of idiot riders who only think of the ride they're on at the time and not future access to the land. I don't like pointing fingers at who's causing this to happen so I'm going to leave it at that. Please listen to what BSA is saying!

Old 11-02-2003, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
Originally posted by: yellowexracer
Some of the people in town are gettin mad because our quads our 2 loud and farmers say were ruining the land so they now have decided to string piano wire in our riding areas 5 feet off the ground to cut our heads off. It's hard enough to get permission to ride on peoples property now there trying to kill us![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

But you said, farmers said we're ruining the land
Sorry about that, i ment quad riders in general not me personally

Old 11-02-2003, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

This is a serious problem. Sure, if they're mad about people tearin up their property, they could tell the police, but tryin to cut off their heads with piano wire? That's just insane. I would advise to stay away from the local riding areas. Ride somewhere else like the sand dunes. People can't string up piano wire there.

--------------------------
1986 Yamaha Moto-4 225
2003 Suzuki z400

Old 11-02-2003, 03:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridley
We had the same problem down by wayne national forest. They were stringing wire and planting boards with nails. We got camo'ed up and waited for them to come out to the woods. We jumped them and warned them not to do it again, or else. They did it again and we burned their mobil home to the ground. (no they weren't in it, we waited till they left for the week) Sounds harsh but it may have saved someones life. Needless to say, they sold their newly purchased property and we never had a problem since. Screwed up thing was, they were stringing it up on National forest property!!!! Dumb @ss city slickers
Serves them right 4 being such @$$holes.

-------------------------
1986 Yamaha Moto-4 225
2003 Suzuki z400

Old 11-02-2003, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

I think it's funny that you say Canada has limitations on everything. We are not complaining about piano wire and boards with nails in them on any of our great plentiful trails. I know you were just joking, but just wanted to tell you.

Old 11-03-2003, 12:36 AM
Trailblazer

I think it's funny that you say Canada has limitations on everything. We are not complaining about piano wire and boards with nails in them on any of our great plentiful trails. I know you were just joking, but just wanted to tell you.
where do you think Sarnia Ontario is?

Old 11-03-2003, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
If it's true, then you should report it to the police. It may not be right to trespass but it's really not right to kill over trespassing. The police would probably tell you not to drive there and tell the owner to remove the wire.
If someone put a wire up where I ride, they'd have alot more to worry about than some atv tracks in the dirt.

Amen on the last sentence