Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda's New Front Differential

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2000 | 09:48 AM
Range Rover

I have a Rancher and a Foreman, and I can tell you that the new front end works exactly like it is advertised.

One last observation if you don't like what you are reading in the Honda forum then don't visit here. Seems like a plausible solution.

Now one last question, Bill C. Aren't you the same guy who had slightly over one bajillion problems with your Sportsman a short while ago? To the point where the folks in the Polaris forum (or at least some of them) were telling you to go away? Perhaps I am mistaken.

Old 06-25-2000 | 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

Rancher4x4SL thats what we are saying about differntials,your wheel on the log and the right wheel in the water should of been both pulling you out at the same time not just taking turns when you jerk around with the handle bars.

Old 06-25-2000 | 01:01 PM
Range Rover

To get back to the main topic.I tryed jacking the front end up well my son gave a little gas.I grabed one front wheel and it almost riped my arms out of there sockets.IT WORKS

Old 06-25-2000 | 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

Why dont you guys just go to your own god da*n forum, and if you want to harass me about how i express my emotions whyle typing why dont you learn how to spell. How many times have I seem him say something like "rideing" or "makeing". And about the middleweight thing, I have won in races vs. Polaris's so called "big bores". Yeah they have more torque, and fancy water cooled systems, but technology doesnt help IF IT DOESNT WORK.
So dont go bashing the way I speak until you go to school and learn that you have to drop the E when adding ING. You learn that in 5th grade, come on.

Old 06-25-2000 | 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

Tempest,
I am indeed the guy who had alot of problems with his 99 Sportsman,many of them were dealer inflicked to.Does that mean because I had a bad experience that the entire crop of Sportsmans is junk?I think not.I personally know very many happy Sportsman owners.Since the Sportsman has been repaired correctly [DECEMBER OF 99] it has been trouble free.I took it to another dealer for the repairs last time.So your remarks to my problem Sportsman has little value,if any.You can read about problems from any manufactures quad,that dont make em all junk.

To date,my new 00 Xplorer has been 100% trouble free.Does that make it the greatest 4x4 ever made?I dont think so.

There are some guys[in this Forum] that own their Honda's and say that their torque sensing diff does not work as Honda advertizes it to work,are the Honda's all junk to?

Im wondering silently to myself,what type of race has Rancher4x4ES won against Polaris bigger bore quads?I cant think of anything my Xplorer could'nt do as well or better than his Rancher.Perhaps he is a professional racer and will just blow me away in any type of race?

YOU NEVER KNOW?=====Bill

Old 06-25-2000 | 04:47 PM
Range Rover

There you go again Polaris boys, putting other atv's down just to make your's sound better. You come over hear to the Honda forum and start trying to convince others that your machine is better for this reason and that. Why don't you go back to the Polaris forum where some might listen to what you have to say. There's no doubt some of us hear you. You're like a big cloud of smoke on a windy day, you just blow right over. At least on the Polaris forum you can converse with each other without having to build yourselves up by putting another product down. You may be able to convince yourselves in your own minds that your better, but not others. You will probably have someone there who may listen to you and absorb all your infinite wisdom.
You know, if you tell yourself you have something better than someone else enough times you may come to believe it. So go to the Polaris forum where someone might believe you.

Old 06-25-2000 | 04:55 PM
Range Rover

Bill.Ciliberti
I agree. I had a 1999 SP500 and had absolutely no problems with it. I sold it to a friend of mine who says he loves it. I would never have sold it to a friend had it been a bad machine. He doesn't take care of it well as I did and has had no problems.

Old 06-25-2000 | 05:09 PM
Pro Rider

Which big bore did your did your Rancher beat? last I heard the Rancher runs out of breath at 51mph.

Old 06-25-2000 | 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

I have just returned from the Fun Whheler Park Ride. We tested 5 Ranchers. 4 of the five worked basically like any other 300 limited slip. 1 seemed to have a little more pull to both tires.
And even on the one that seemed to work, he had to work the tires back and forth to get it to catch.

Just so you Honda guys know, there were about 30 Atvs in the Mud race, This was the result.

1st place 1999 sp500
2cd place 2000 sp500
3rd place 2000 sp500

There were 12 Hondas in the competition. About 1/2 did not even complete the race.

Oh, there was a Rubi in the race. Not the final heat, but in the race.

Greg

Old 06-25-2000 | 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

Greg,now why you coming in here and telling lies about the Polaris quads in the mud?No Polaris is built well enough to make it thru a mud race.Just ask a few of the Honda guys? lol lol lol ==Bill

Quick Reply: Honda's New Front Differential