Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

86 trx350

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 01:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86 trx350

ne one still ride one of these things?? i sold my old warrior for one and i absolutely love it, sure its not pretty, or soft in the suspension category, but when it comes to power, i dont think anything comes close for the displacement

so is this the current bike of anyone else??

if so, how do you have it set up??

right now i just have it mostly stock, with 24x9x11 wooly boogers all the way around
no front brakes--(needed)
120 zipties in the plastic
no front headlight (rollover)
aftermarket (bicycle) handlebars
and a homemade snowplow

soon to come
new 25" bearclaws or mudlights
new headlights
new front bumper, homemade

so who else has one??
trx350, trx350 foreman 86-89 us 86-93 cdn

Old 03-14-2004, 03:47 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 86 trx350

Ya I've got two of these. They were sitting in a field for years and donated to me to get ride worthy again. After a year I finally got to ride one today. It's still running pretty rough, sometimes in a longer straightaway it would smooth out and take off. The other one runs better but has no brakes.

Neither has front brakes, both had the resevoir window rotted out, I found that an engine block freeze plug fits perfectly. I took apart and cleaned the master cylidner on both, one has a little bit of grab, the other only if you pump. I've bleed and bleed them, but no help.

I'll have to try the zip tie idea to stitch up some of the plastic.

I've had to hot wire both of them. One has the plastic 'dashboard' completly gone, the other was just missing the key.

Yup one had a snow plow I took off. was interferring with turning.

They desperatly need new tires, I've only bought 2 so far

Batteries completly dead, For today I stuck my street bike battery in the one. I struggeled for months with a problem were it would run fine for 10-15 seconds and just die. It seems to work better with a battery attached, my guess is the charging system didn't put out enough juice to run the fuel pump. The other one has a generic fuel pump on it, seems to work better.

Seems like they will be lots of fun with a few more fixes. Now I just need to find some places to ride and some one to ride with in Southern Oregon