Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Does honda have plans to improve the rincon?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 01:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does honda have plans to improve the rincon?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Wow, There isn't a hill I've found yet my Rincon won't go up? What kind of hill was it. How steep? How long?Dirt,mud,sand? Did everybody else's quads make it up?
I would describe the hill to one of the service folks and ask them their opinion. It is hard to judge without trying another quad.

Good Luck

Old 11-20-2003, 08:43 AM
Trailblazer

Someone definately has issues with his Rincon...mine has ZERO problems, plenty of power, I can climb steep hills, go through mud, actually whatever I want this machine to do and overall the only people you hear that have a problem with these machines are the one that post problems on message boards. All the folks that don't have problems are out enjoying their machines.

By the way 3TV congrats on your new purchase, please post back how you are enjoying that new camo clad Grizzly of yours and please let us know how it easily destroys the Rincon in power, hill climbing, mud running, and superior ride quality. Thanks !

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2003, 10:54 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 3TV LOL. You sound like some book smart, common sense absent psychiatrist or something.
ROTFLMAO...........good one, all of the above less the absent psychiatrist. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

If you think it will help the grieving process I can send you your very own private message for an update on the Grizzly, LOL. I wouldn't want to have any "issues" you know.

Why private message just me, please post all the "good" information here...hell if it runs and performs "better" than the Rincon "inquiring" minds want to know, and if by some chance that your new Grizzly happens to have any "issues" well....that's a whole different subject all together.

Have a "super" day !

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-20-2003, 09:37 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3tv
Im about to purchase a rincon. I do the same kind of riding that you talk about. My second choice is the grizzly. Could you tell more of the likes and dislikes of both. I like what I read about the rincon suspension and is the reason it is #1 on my list. The power/engine braking issue has me second guessing though.

Old 11-20-2003, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer

same here. I'm torn between the rincon or p-700 or rancher A T

Old 11-20-2003, 10:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: wyowheeler
3tv
Im about to purchase a rincon. I do the same kind of riding that you talk about. My second choice is the grizzly. Could you tell more of the likes and dislikes of both. I like what I read about the rincon suspension and is the reason it is #1 on my list. The power/engine braking issue has me second guessing though.

I to have the '03 Rincon. It is an excellent machine. It is truly a sport/utility quad. Kind of the best of both worlds. It has a great suspension, especially on the trails. It is a great ride on the trails and logging roads, plenty of power, and doesn't sit up to high. If you plan on riding a lot on any trails where you need a super low granny gear to crawl along, do not get the Rincon. That is the only drawback. If not, I would definately recommend it.
The Grizzly is also a good machine with a good ride, it is a truly utility quad. It does sit up pretty high to.
Really, they are both different machines, and both really good. It comes down to what you will use it for and what you want to be able to do with. Good Luck

Old 11-20-2003, 10:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: longgun
same here. I'm torn between the rincon or p-700 or rancher A T
I'll tell you, I ride with a guy who has the Polaris 700. That is a great machine, it just crawls along if needed and goes through/over anything. The one drawback is that the shifter is on the right side, the same side as your throttle. If you need to throttle and shift at the same time, which you sometimes need to do while crawling along or maneuvering, you can't do that.
The Rancher is also a good ride. If it had the independant suspension all the way around, it would be awsome. That is what I wanted until they talked me into the Rincon.

Have fun, there are to many good quads out there. Makes the decisions hard.

Old 11-20-2003, 10:46 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah real hard decision. especially when they aren't that cheap. By the way, I meant the kawi p-700. Really like it but belts and reliability scare me.

Old 11-20-2003, 10:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: longgun
Yeah real hard decision. especially when they aren't that cheap. By the way, I meant the kawi p-700. Really like it but belts and reliability scare me.
Money is definately a issue. Want to make sure you get what you want and like. Sorry about that. Thought you meant Polaris, you can tell I'm not much up on different model numbers. Don't know much about the new Kawasaki. But, the Rancher and p 700 are definately different machines. Comes down to what you will use it for and what you will like.

Good Luck

Old 11-21-2003, 01:43 AM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks a lot for the input. I think I will stick with the Rincon. I will miss not having great engine braking though. My wife has an outlander and is has excellent engine braking. Almost put me over the handlebars a few times down steep soft hills. Sure wish the rincon had a low range. I love my friends rubicon.(tranny that is, suspension sucks) Sounds like the power will be plenty for where i ride. And the ride/suspension is what I care about most. One more question though. I live at an elevation of 4500 ft and in the summer ride in the mountains nearby about 10000 ft. Is there a significant power loss with the rincon with the elevation change? I am expecting some, but hope it isnt as drastic as the outlanders drop in power. It barely has enough power to get out of its own way even with the high elevation kit.

Quick Reply: Does honda have plans to improve the rincon?