Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

cleaning your atv

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2000, 03:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always fire up the pressure washer and hose the hard core dried up mud off my quad. Then I hook up the regular hose and wet it back down, soap it up with Blue Coral Car wash and wax soap on the plastic. I spray Formula 2001 all rim cleaner on the motor and rims, brush them down with a soft bristle brush, a paint brush works good on the motor. Then I just make sure its all rinsed off good, dry it, spray it with armol all, then thats the end of it.

Old 06-20-2000, 11:03 AM
Pro Rider

I really like the S100 cleaner. I'm amazed at how well it works and how easy it is to use. Just hose your quad down to get off all the loose dirt then spray with S100. Let it sit a minute and then rinse. The stuff leaves a invisible residue, like wax, that keeps dirt from bonding- making it even easier to clean next time. I cleaned my truck engine with this stuff and it made it look like brand new. The only bad thing is that it costs a lot. The cheapest I've found it for is $44 for five liters.

Old 06-20-2000, 11:05 AM
Range Rover

LOL good one ATV girl... I wish it would work for me! But My wife probably wouldn't do that good a job.. since she refuses to ride anyway.

Old 06-20-2000, 11:16 AM
Range Rover

Rob, this sounds too easy to be true... just spray it on?.. does it break loose the "haze" dirt that normally needs hand washed off? I will have to go get it and try it..

Old 06-20-2000, 11:40 AM
Weekend Warrior

I ride mine to much to let it get clean. I might hose it off after a day of riding but that is about it. I do not go into all that detailing just to get it dirty again. But I prolly will do the detailing when I get some new fenders.

'95 300EX bone stock

Old 06-20-2000, 01:37 PM
Trailblazer

Well Brian...it's not like I get off scott-free. He has to wash of the quads, but I'm in charge of washing all the gear. As muddy as we've been getting recently, it usually takes several washings to get it all looking halfway decent. By the time we're done, it comes out pretty even. I do a better job with the laundry and he does a better job with the machines.

Monica
1997 300EX

Old 06-20-2000, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

I just wash mine with soft water and wipe it down... No need to spend all kinds of time on washing it when the next day it will get distroyed

Old 06-20-2000, 06:22 PM
Trailblazer

Every day of riding I hose it off. But every week I wash it with soap and water, I use this really good cleaning stuff that I took from sound petrolieum hehe.Then I wax the plastics, then I use wd-40 after that I wax it again and its like brand new but better.

P.S. That cleaning stuff I got I was friends with a guy that works there so it wasnt really stealing, and tht suff takes off 4 week old caked on dirt on anything its awesome!!

Old 06-20-2000, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer

Hello....did you people even read b(250rman's) post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

HE IS SCREWING WITH YOU!!!!!!!

He said he..
removes plastic
soap and water
scrub
wd-40
soap and water
wd-40
wd-40 again
rag it down
soap and water again!!!

If this is done after every ride I'm at a loss of words? But I bet your stuff looks and lasts longer than mine. I guess I ride too much, at least 3 times per week. I guess it depends on how much you ride compared to how detailed you clean every time. Later

Old 06-20-2000, 10:46 PM
Trailblazer

Hey ATVgirl... you got off easy! This past weekend we did a mud-run with the stuff up to our headlights!
He had the easy job of cleaning the bikes... I had to clean the clothes, the floors (when he came in and sat down at the kitchen table for me to help take off his muddy boots and pants) and the laundry. And all this was after I crashed into the boulder and screwed up my leg! Aren't you the lucky one! ROTFL

Quick Reply: cleaning your atv