Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Polaris ebs vs Honda ebs

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2003, 12:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris ebs vs Honda ebs

Well i do own a honda so i guess i can be on this forum too. As for having to defend my purchase, if i hadnt liked the polaris i would have sold it 5 years ago. When i bought the Rincon i was very close to getting a sp700 instead. The only reason i didnt was because the Honda shop got me out the door on the Rincon for $6100. As for out running, both my quads run almost side by side. Yeah the Rincon will pull away at the end, not really a fair race though a 2002 honda with 500 miles on it compared to a 1998 polaris with 4000 miles on it. And like the previous poster said, if u learn to get used to the braking on the polaris u can go down any hill anyone else can without getting out of control. A small amount of throtle will keep the back wheels from locking up and if u need more u can always use the brake. Not trying to slam honda here, i love my rincon, but i also love my polaris, the two machines are as different as daylight and dark. I love the lightness of the Rincon when compared to how heavy the sportsman is. Just my 2 cents, not bashing anyone.

Old 12-14-2003, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

Wow those "2002" Rincons must be SLOW! If you own a rincon, and it stays side by side with a 1998 popo with 4000 miles on it, that is a slow pos. That's just sad.

Old 12-14-2003, 02:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hey guys I love Hondas and I think Polaris have come along way,the only reason I posted this on a Honda thread was because when I posted It on the Polaris thread I feel like the opinions coming back were one sided.I like my 700 but I think It would be a better machine with 4 wheel engine braking.
I did email Polaris about my opinion and they emailed me back saying there system worked better than there compitition.As you know I don't agee but peoples input Is what make these machines better.I wish I had more Input from you guys on ebs and not machine bashing. also Is 4,200 a good deal for a 2001 arctic cat 600 snow machine and a 1998 ac 580 . The 600 has 300 miles on It.

Old 12-14-2003, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When descending steep loose hills on a Polaris you will either have to creep with your brakes, slide with the rear wheels locked up, or fly and stay ahead of the slide. With the front wheels providing no engine braking you will need to learn a different technique.

I feel that for riding in the Rockies 4-wd engine braking is essential. 25 years ago when I bought my first 4-wd truck I insisted on a 4-speed because that gave you low range and a really low 1sr gear. This was ideal for climbing really steep hills and perfect for coming back down. I believe this is the same for an ATV. Our Rubicon provides this plus the advantages of an automatic transmission. It has both; engine braking of a manual trans and the convenience of an automatic This is something no other manufacture offers. They have different types of EBS, some better than others, but none compare to the engine braking of the Rubicon's. The engine braking is something we use all the time so it is important to us.

About 1/2 of our friends that own Polaris with EBS like it, the other 1/2 don't care for it at all.

Old 12-15-2003, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

Aw come on you mean that the polaris "tru 4wd" [sic] system isn't that good? I'll take my pushbutton grizz anyday.

Old 12-15-2003, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

i'M TALKING EBS , MY 700 4WDR IS GREAT GOING UP HILLS, AND IN SNOW IT WORKS EVEN BETTER . I THINK THE GRIZZLY IS A GREAT MACHINE ALSO. I HAVE HONDAS,ARCTIC CATS AND I LIKE THEM ALL.IT SEEMS LIKE THEY ALL DO SOMETHING GREAT.

Old 12-15-2003, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

I really don't think there are any bad ATV's. The difference is each ATV's features. They all have their trade-offs. If you get one thing, they seam to lack something else. You need to buy the ATV that fills your wants and needs. Just because one has a feature you prefer, does not make it a better ATV than mine. It does make it a better ATV "for you" than mine does, but then yours is not the best one for me. No ATV can have "everything" and still be affordable.

$7899 for a new EFI 700, tax and licence would put that about $8575.00, WOW. They are sure getting up there. (and no, it still doesn't have everything either, but I'll bet it is a great ATV for some)

Just like markies ATV. It goes up hills better than it does down. Another ATV may not be as capable at climbing but have great all wheel engine braking. A trade off.

markie, if you had known this would it have changed your purchase??

Where do you like to ride?

Old 12-15-2003, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

YES IT WOULD IF PLAZA CYCLE WOULD HAVE INFORMED ME ABOUT THE EBS I PROBEBLY WOULDEN'T HAVE BOUGHT THE 700.I HAVE PROPERTY UP IN DUCHESNE ,I DO ALOTE OF RIDING UP THERE.I AT TIMES RIDE FROM VERNON TO JERICO AND BACK[ FUN RIDE].
DO YOU EVER WATCH ULTIMATE COMBATE ON SUNDAY KNIGHTS ?

Old 12-16-2003, 12:38 AM
Trailblazer

Honda, didn't even make a Rincon in 2002.

Old 12-18-2003, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

Nope I never have, give me a time and channel. I will.

One of our favorite rides is from Hobble Creek Canyon abpve pingville, then down close to Walsburg, then over to Daniels Summit Lodge. At Daniels Summit Lodge we have lunch, gas up and run across Strawberry Ridge. Great view and a fun ride. About 85 miles total.

Quick Reply: Polaris ebs vs Honda ebs