Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

High Speed Wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Speed Wheelies

Sure, just go here,type in your make model at the top, you should find a good DG grabbar there that wont bend or scrape down quick anytime soon.

Old 01-13-2004, 12:11 AM
Trailblazer

rockymt software???
O_o

Old 01-13-2004, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2Fast4U400ex
400quad.
I have problems keeping my front end down, when im drag racing. I have to sit way up on the gas tank just to keep it down but then it's hard to get traction. The 400ex has to be the easiest quad to wheelie.

From a dead stop be in 1st gear...rev it up about 1/4-1/2 throttle and dump the clutch. You'll be able to tell if your nose is up.
2Fast4U400ex,

Don't feel bad, when I had my 300EX (six months ago) and was just learning to ride, I did the following in front of about 300 people at Sandfest in Waynoka, Ok last year.

All the banshees, YFZs, DS650s, 400EXs etc and of course one blaster were lined up for the unofficial sand drags.
This was my first time dragging as well.

First race: Everybody takes off, of course I am the last guy to get off the line. Caught up with the blaster at the end and beat it barely.
And yes, everyone else totally smoked me- almost as if I was going in the wrong direction. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Second Race: I'm going to take these guys off the line, especially the blaster. I'm revving the crap out of the motor waiting for the signal. Hand drops, I'm at full throttle, I drop the clutch and the bike doesn't move forward one foot. In one hundredth of a second, I am vertical on the quad going nowhere. The blaster even waited a second or two for me to hop off and upright the quad before he took off. I finished the race, last of course- but all 300 or so people were laughing and making a vertical hand gesture to their buddies.

Embarassing yes, funny as hell though. Not everyday you get to make that many people laugh at once without causing bodily injury.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2004, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: learning2fly
Originally posted by: 2Fast4U400ex
400quad.
I have problems keeping my front end down, when im drag racing. I have to sit way up on the gas tank just to keep it down but then it's hard to get traction. The 400ex has to be the easiest quad to wheelie.

From a dead stop be in 1st gear...rev it up about 1/4-1/2 throttle and dump the clutch. You'll be able to tell if your nose is up.
2Fast4U400ex,

Don't feel bad, when I had my 300EX (six months ago) and was just learning to ride, I did the following in front of about 300 people at Sandfest in Waynoka, Ok last year.

All the banshees, YFZs, DS650s, 400EXs etc and of course one blaster were lined up for the unofficial sand drags.
This was my first time dragging as well.

First race: Everybody takes off, of course I am the last guy to get off the line. Caught up with the blaster at the end and beat it barely.
And yes, everyone else totally smoked me- almost as if I was going in the wrong direction. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Second Race: I'm going to take these guys off the line, especially the blaster. I'm revving the crap out of the motor waiting for the signal. Hand drops, I'm at full throttle, I drop the clutch and the bike doesn't move forward one foot. In one hundredth of a second, I am vertical on the quad going nowhere. The blaster even waited a second or two for me to hop off and upright the quad before he took off. I finished the race, last of course- but all 300 or so people were laughing and making a vertical hand gesture to their buddies.

Embarassing yes, funny as hell though. Not everyday you get to make that many people laugh at once without causing bodily injury.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
What did the red-neck say before he died????

Old 01-13-2004, 12:19 AM
Trailblazer

"HEY YALL! WATCH THIS!!"

Old 01-13-2004, 12:47 AM
Pro Rider

Whoops sorry, got the link fixed but i couldnt find a grabbar, i tried dgperf.com, but i couldnt find a grabbar either, do you know a machinist who can weld you a homemade one up?

Old 01-13-2004, 01:25 AM
Trailblazer

heh, my brother and i could weld one together. it would probly look kinda goofy but hey, who cares, this isnt a fashon show. our family burness is metal fabricating. how does a copper grab bar sound?? heh [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-13-2004, 01:30 PM
Pro Rider

I think the 400ex, and Z400's are a couple of the top quads when it comes to wheelies. The 300ex seems good too, though I haven't had a whole lot of seat time on them. They seem a little shorter which also helps with stoppies. Warriors aren't too shabby for wheelies either.

I can pull up my 400ex in 1,2,3,4th gear fairly easy...5th is a little more difficult, and I can't always do it just standing on the pegs...sometimes I have to put one knee on the seat and pull for a little more leverage.

As for tricks....you can check out our site at WWW.CVBOYZ.COM . Our vids page is being redone right now with some newer stuff, and we have some new pics that aren't up, but you'll get the idea.

No mods are needed to "stunt" an EX or Z....the subframe/grab bar mod that you see on the Z's in that video isn't required either, but helps....mine is stock. My EX is close to stock...I have a slip on and a jet kit...I think the slip on does help because it gives you a little more low end.

Take care.

-Josh

Old 01-14-2004, 12:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey, Brad14

I have a 300 EX and I can haul a wheelie in 4th gear. all I do is pop the clutch and pull up. It comes up preaty good. I also have a 14th tooth sproket in the front and a 36tooth in the back

Old 01-14-2004, 01:45 PM
Trailblazer

this is a great thread guys. very helpful for us noobs to sport quads.
keep it up^_^