Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Feb Dirtwheels 450R review...a success

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feb Dirtwheels 450R review...a success

just from the hrc kit on the honda and the gyt-r on the yamaha. They said from past experiments with the yfz it seemed stronger with the gyt-r.

Old 01-06-2004, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

Saying that Honda woulod pay Dirtwheels or that Dirtwheels would except a bribe is just rediculous. If you can't believe that the 450r is that good then read another magazine. Do you think that Honda paid off every person that tested the 450r? I've read more than 5 reviews on the 450r that were excellent.

The HRC kit isn't very big, just some small mods, and fairly inexpensive. The YFZ kit is more expensive and more of a big mod. If you put the same amount of money into each machine, then see how they do. I'm not saying the 450r will make more power, it is just a more fair evaluation.

Old 01-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be sure you don't miss this post!! Talk about no credibility whatsoever.........................

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/376544.cfm

Old 01-07-2004, 01:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

HMF's dyno numbers showed the yfz responds better to pipes and jets.

So I'm assuming it's safe to say the yamaha responds better.

I just priced a YFZ and it's the same price as what the new R will be. 6400+tax/title/license! So I guess you'll be paying extra for the power up kit from honda, while the CAM MOD is still free.

Goodluck with your dirt wheels paid to say honda is good R, because I have a feeling you guys are going to need it.

Old 01-07-2004, 03:24 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally, I don't really care which bike is a little faster. They are going to be real close no matter what. What I care about is HANDLING!! None of the reviews are calling the YFZ a trail machine, yet they all are saying the TRX is a great one. That says it all right there! Most riders are trail riders. Only a small handfull are MXers.

I have put in a few hours trail riding the Yamaha, and believe me it ain't no trail bike!! The TRX is just going to be the better choice for the majority of riders. Thing is, a whole bunch of people jumped the gun and already bought the YFZ.

Old 01-07-2004, 05:01 AM
Pro Rider

I've taken my yz285f, and race the crf450r many many times and completely blew the graphix off of them!!! The point I am trying to make is that its the rider not the bike!!! Most people want the fastest bike made when an experienced person can take something alot slower and completely humiliate the other rider!!! Its all about the rider, for mx or trails!!! Trust me, I do the smaller and slower versus faster and bigger race all the time!!!! I have absolutely no problem humiliating people on 450's with mods and my "little" 285!!!! Riders win races!

Old 01-07-2004, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider

Honda pays dw. there is no way that the honda is better than a yfz. honda's have NEVER been better than yamaha..quads or dbikes i think. Everybody knows that Honda pays. What do you's actually think Honda's are That good. Heck no.

Old 01-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 04SuzukiZ250
Honda pays dw. there is no way that the honda is better than a yfz. honda's have NEVER been better than yamaha..quads or dbikes i think. Everybody knows that Honda pays. What do you's actually think Honda's are That good. Heck no.
This is coming from an owner of a Z250. Do you consider that a sport quad? Nuf said lol

Old 01-07-2004, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 04SuzukiZ250
I think all the magz are talking out their rears!!!!! Think about it, when a new quad comes out, it all of a sudden becomes the best and the "atv of the year". No offense to anyone who owns a polaris, im not bashing, but Dirt Wheels always tested the Sport quads on the track and that was their decision, they picked it as ATV of the year knowing good and well other quads wasted it on the track!!! Yamaha has always owned the HIGH performance sports quad world, but because they couldnt "Handle" on an mx track they always fell second even though the completely ripped honda a new one!!! But now that the yfz450 is out things have changed, but you mark my word, the BIASED and highly payed magz will defiantely pick the TRX450R over the honda simply because of the pay check they receive!!! But what difference does it make though, without a good rider the HONDA will still be a pos!! Also, Yamaha has pretty much owned Dirtbikes, but the magz will ALWAYS pick the NEWER quads over the older quads!! Like they did the Grizzly for so long, SPortsman, and the "almight" (lol, sorry) prairie!!! Magz are just people like me and you who ride quads, they arent professionals, especially the ones who test the utilities, occasionally pros will test the sport qauds, but have you noticed they never show pictures of the extreme riding they do??? Can you even call it extreme???? I am almost certain the riders of those Utility quads come from a sport back ground and will alwaysssssss pick whats fastest versus where it can actually go!!!! They need to do shootouts with the big bores like out in Texas at that big MUD Run they have every year!!! TRY THAT DW!!!!!!! Do a shoot out at TELLICO ORV area, RUBICON, PAIUTE. See which quad wins, why do you always do it at YOUR very OWN, PRIVATE TRACK, we will never get to ride there, therefore the conditions of where you ride we will never know, probably all drag strips, why don't you do a quad test out in the REAL WORLD and when you do PLEASE INVITE ME TO COME AND TEST WITH YOUR GROUP, the real world is where WE all ride not these, "hush-hush" secret ride areas!!! DW, why dont you pick people who own each of the major brand big bores to do the test's instead of you, afterall, we are reading what "YOU" think, and dont you make your "LIVING" off of that magazine, you have a budget to DW, so of course you gonna take money to say whats the best, thats all politics!!!!!!!!!!!! Like I said, pick me and several of my friends who own each major brand of big bore utility 4x4's, let us be the judge, let us take it to extreme places where speed is not an issue, we will also take it to a drag strip so your panties can get wet!!! Take Real people who arent being payed to say their feelings!!!!!! Thats all my own opinion!!!! If you think about it very closely and seriously you will get my meaning!!!!

Old 01-07-2004, 04:54 PM
Trailblazer

TellicoGrizz660,
Well Said!!! I could not agree with you more. Every freakin' month they have a "shootout" that they've already done like 10 times over and they pick a different winner each time. They are definately pro Honda.

Quick Reply: Feb Dirtwheels 450R review...a success